So - I have this program called .... It's really a simple process to nuke the phone and reload from scratch. This process apparently is supposed to unlock the Blackberry 8100. However, it does not.

Halfway through loading the RAM image I get an error. Sometimes it's a weird number code that no one will explain to me - and the other times it is a timeout error. Even though I am connected directly to my laptop via USB.

I've done everything I can think of to get this phone unlocked. Anyone have some advice?
    01-26-09 12:43 PM
    Have you tried calling T-Mobile and asking for the unlock code? If you tell them you are traveling to Europe they will give it to you based on your account status. I believe it has to be in good standing and have at least 90 days of service.
    01-26-09 09:29 PM
    Try your carrier, as you can do things to brick your device with the MFI tool. That app does a LOT more than unlock the device and messing around in that can not only void your warranty but also kill your BB. If your carrier wont do it, go to the site in my sig.
    01-26-09 09:31 PM
    T-Mobile specifically will unlock any account in good standing after 60 days if I remember correctly. All you will have to do is enter a code they provide in a place they tell you.

That being said... I have unlocked three phones (T-Mob 8100, ATT 8310, ATT 9000) all without issue. I may be able to help you out if you can provide more details as to the exact error, but, as stated above, the potential is DEFINITELY there to do more harm than good. Good luck!

(Oh, and make sure you're not connected to the internet when you run the tool. Also, it will create a C:\MML directory but your necessary MEP files will actually be in the extracted directory from the rars.)
    Last edited by spyder91; 01-28-09 at 07:11 AM.
    01-28-09 07:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD