I've been on EBay, trying to find deals on different phones. I found a deal on Motorola v557, formerly my favorite phone. I can get them brand new for 30 dollars each. It wa supposed to be unlocked but wasn't. The seller was very sorry & willing to make it right but out of the blue I thought I would contact AT&T since it was locked to cingular & they were just absolutely polite & very willing to give me the code to unlock it although I'm not a subscriber, but a T-Mobile subscriber, & I was honest as to where I got the phone too! I then wanted my BlackBerry unlocked because I wanted to upgrade my suncom sim to T-Mobile sim. I didn't tell them that and they too gave me my code without hesitation. My question is why so many pay these 3rd party sites to unlock their phones? I believe T-Mobile, & AT&T don't have a problem giving these codes! I'm 2 for 2!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-09 06:55 PM
    If the account is in good standing, they usually dont have any issues, if its in a bad status, it becomes flagged.

Alot of people dont realise you dont have to payh for unlocking codes, and alot of places pretty much will tell you (for thier own business) that you really have to pay for one, not at all true entirely.

Glad ya kept ya wallet in your pocket.
    01-07-09 06:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD