i have my bb9700 unlocked and working on solo mobile network and can go on browser and text but cant use bbm, i tryed to go to the set up for email but it says i need host routing and when i click there its empty, then it says to call my service provider....heres the catch....solo doesnt have bbs yet, so does that mean i wont be able to get this working fully until they do? is there another way around it? i dont want to call solo and start askingquestions incase they give me a hard time about using an unlocked cell on the network. please help thanx
    05-29-10 02:20 PM
    You will not be able to get push email or use BBM if you cannot get BIS. You will need to wait for your carrier to get BIS or change to a different carrier.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-29-10 05:51 PM
    ah well guess ill just have to wait, the thing is my plan is sooooo cheap that its totally worth staying with it and wait for solo to start sell bbs.
    thanks for the answers though
    05-30-10 01:18 AM
    i have my bb9700 unlocked and working on solo mobile network and can go on browser and text but cant use bbm, i tryed to go to the set up for email but it says i need host routing and when i click there its empty, then it says to call my service provider....heres the catch....solo doesnt have bbs yet, so does that mean i wont be able to get this working fully until they do? is there another way around it? i dont want to call solo and start askingquestions incase they give me a hard time about using an unlocked cell on the network. please help thanx
    If they don't have BlackBerry's yet then they definitely do not have BlackBerry Plans which means they cannot offer that service to you. Without it you cannot use all the native features on your device. Sorry.
    05-31-10 09:48 AM
    Only requirement to be able to use BBM is to have a Blackberry Data Plan.
    05-31-10 10:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD