Hello
    I've just unlocked my 8520 and it works fine with my original virgin mobile sim. but when i put an orange sim card in, it gets stuck on the white Blackberry screen and doesn't load. any ideas as to why it works with one but not another?
    thanks!
    09-26-11 08:56 AM
    Are you runnning on the latest OS version ?? If so, you might need to reload the OS or perform a handheld wipe.
    pequenita32 likes this.
    09-26-11 09:50 AM
    Also try to see if your SIM card is fine by trying to use it with other unlocked mobile phone.
    09-27-11 06:20 PM
    New OS may fix your issues
    09-29-11 06:07 PM
    Take out the sim and battery out for 5-10 minutes and see if it picks up signal. if not try a new sim card. should work
    09-30-11 05:43 AM
    A white screen generally means software issues, you can do a handheld wipe,

in order to perform a manual wipe of your entire BlackBerry, you will need to do the following: (This will erase all Data. Please do this was caution)

Options > Security Options > General Settings > Click the trackwheel/trackball on the Password field > Select “Wipe Handheld“. As with the above method you be prompted to enter “blackberry” (no quotes) in order confirm the system wipe. Then reinstall the the newer operating system.
    09-30-11 07:45 AM
    You cannot perform a handheld wipe if you have a whitescreen or jvm...
    09-30-11 09:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD