Can I install an ATT OS onto my unlocked Vodaphone Bold ? Can someone point me to the correct one to load. Thanks
    10-01-09 11:34 AM
    yep.. grab it from the at&t site (application version:4.6.0.297), delete the vendor.xml and load as normal..
    10-01-09 12:38 PM
    Yup I had to do this exact thing when I returned from germany with my storm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-09 01:02 PM
    I guess what I was really trying to do is replace the Vodophone specific stuff with AT&T icons, apps, etc. Do i just leave the vendor.xml and load it ?
    10-01-09 01:25 PM
    wondering this as well because i want it branded like the tmobile uk os screens
    10-03-09 03:30 PM
    I guess what I was really trying to do is replace the Vodophone specific stuff with AT&T icons, apps, etc. Do i just leave the vendor.xml and load it ?
    rebranding the phone requires finding the proper VSM for the AT&T Bolds. anyone with Engineering Screen access can tell you the VSM needed. good luck finding it online though, VSM's arent readily available to download.

in order to load the VSM, you need special software thats not allowed to be discussed on these forums since its considered "leaked accidentally" from RIM.

you may search google, but asking around here could get ya banned. not to mention, its a high risk procedure and you can risk bricking your Bold. i would advise against it.

oh, and the Operating System and removing the vendor file has nothing to do with the branding. nothin you do will remove it. best bet, live with the Vodafone branding.
    Last edited by dictoresno; 10-03-09 at 10:19 PM.
    10-03-09 10:15 PM
    wondering this as well because i want it branded like the tmobile uk os screens
    if you are looking to re-brand your Storm (whats in your profile), it cant be done with the available software on the open market. any phone models produced after the Bold do not connect with the software necessary to rebrand. and even if it could, you would have a hard time finding the files necessary to write to the phones ROM anyways.
    10-03-09 10:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD