Hi,

I have an unlocked Verizon 9530 ( unactivated on Verizon) and i am able to use any SIM card to log on to GSM carriers.

I was wondering is it possible to provision the phone to be able to work on an international CDMA based network. If yes, what all information would be required to do so? Can RUIM cards be put in the SIM slot?

Thank you!
    01-05-09 04:04 AM
    any clues to this one?
    01-05-09 10:58 AM
    Hmm I haven't heard any talk about people doing this, if it were possible I'd assume that some one would have tried it by now. That might not be the case though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-09 11:02 AM
    at present the cdma radio of 9530 does not support ruim .
    similar to 8830we.
    let me know if any one finds a leaked radio which supports ruim
    Hi,

I have an unlocked Verizon 9530 ( unactivated on Verizon) and i am able to use any SIM card to log on to GSM carriers.

I was wondering is it possible to provision the phone to be able to work on an international CDMA based network. If yes, what all information would be required to do so? Can RUIM cards be put in the SIM slot?

Thank you!
    10-04-09 02:41 AM
    If the Storm 9530 does not support RUIM card, how do the other CDMA network in the world can use this phone ? Or the phone may have a RUIM slot ?
    01-12-12 08:29 AM
    They cannot use this device on their network. Only Gsm carrier are able to,
    01-12-12 07:16 PM
    Hi,

Thank you!
    The new CDMA carrier would need to allow you to register the MEID on their network and then the phone would need to be flashed.
    01-20-12 06:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD