Gang:

I have a Verizon Tour that I'd like to use on at&t from time to time. When I insert my at&t sim card and change the network to GSM, the phone makes and receives calls fine and the internet works, but I get no email. I get the message that I've registered with the network, but I cannot send emails or SMS. Anyone with an answer to this one?

Also is it true that using this phone on at&T means no 3G (as if that was a problem since no at&T 3G exists anywhere near me)?
    02-20-10 04:38 PM
    Gang:

I have a Verizon Tour that I'd like to use on at&t from time to time. When I insert my at&t sim card and change the network to GSM, the phone makes and receives calls fine and the internet works, but I get no email. I get the message that I've registered with the network, but I cannot send emails or SMS. Anyone with an answer to this one?

Also is it true that using this phone on at&T means no 3G (as if that was a problem since no at&T 3G exists anywhere near me)?
    Looks like you will need to load the Service Books Manually. This link should help http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/fa...mobile-374181/

And that's right, you will not be able to use 3G on the Tour with AT&T.
    02-20-10 07:27 PM
    Looks like you will need to load the Service Books Manually. This link should help http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/fa...mobile-374181/

And that's right, you will not be able to use 3G on the Tour with AT&T.
    Many thanks. Your service got the Tour unlocked beautifully. I've never had a problem with AT&T loading service books until now. The link was very helpful. Once again, thanks!
    02-20-10 09:49 PM
    You're welcome! Always a pleasure to help other members.
    02-20-10 11:01 PM
    That actually won't because each time you switch over the service books will be over written. Which means each time you want to use AT&T they will have to be loaded manually once more.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-10 11:55 PM
    I cannot open the service book zip file on my computer. Any ideas
    03-16-10 06:41 PM
    Download a unzipping file. winrar, etc
    03-16-10 06:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD