Currently on ATT with an iPhone. Looking at getting a Tour to use until the new one comes out. If I have the Tour unlocked will I be able to use it with the iPhone data plan or no? If yes will I have access to browser, BBM, MMS etc?
    03-14-10 10:26 PM
    No you will not all native services require a BIS or BES plan sorry.
    03-14-10 10:30 PM
    So if I change my iPhone data plan to a BB data plan it will be good to go?
    03-14-10 10:44 PM
    Sure will. Strangely enough your iphone will run on a BB Plan
    03-14-10 10:45 PM
    Sure will. Strangely enough your iphone will run on a BB Plan
    That is very interesting. I need to see which is more cost effective. My guess is BB data plan is less than iPhone data plan plus I would be able to get a discount through my work which I do not get with the iPhone (lame).
    03-14-10 10:51 PM
    That is very interesting. I need to see which is more cost effective. My guess is BB data plan is less than iPhone data plan plus I would be able to get a discount through my work which I do not get with the iPhone (lame).
    It would only be less cause of your discount, but they are the same price.
    03-14-10 10:52 PM
    So what features will I not have if I switch to the BB data plan? Will I have 3g etc? Sorry for the million questions.
    03-14-10 10:54 PM
    So what features will I not have if I switch to the BB data plan? Will I have 3g etc? Sorry for the million questions.
    Yeah you still ill, your device is a 3G
    03-14-10 10:56 PM
    Get the blackberry data plan and use it backwards compatibly with the iPhone..it will be the most practical, and like carrier said..they're usually the same price
    03-15-10 12:10 PM
    You won't be able to get 3G on the Tour being used on ATT. Only Blackberry that will get you 3G on ATT is the Bold 9000 & 9700. Best is to have the Blackberry Data Plan which is the same price and then tweak your iPhone to work with the Blackberry Data Plan.

Here's a good guide on how to do it. Very easy and works well. http://forums.crackberry.com/f99/how...a-plan-348311/
    03-15-10 01:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD