I recently bought a Telus Storm. Got it unlocked. Now everything Works fine on Rogers except the Caller Id. I had rogers check to make sure that it is hooked up twice. Sometimes the numbers from my contact list will appear during a ring, and sometimes they dont!

Once i told Rogers, i was using a Storm ( which they dont carry) they told me that they cant ensure that it will work!

Anyone else come across this problem!

Thanks Jason
    09-21-09 03:34 PM
    I'm in the same boat pretty much. Telus BB Storm 9530, unlocked, phone works fine but I have the following problems....

~Caller ID doesn't work.
    ~My phone number doesn't come up during outgoing calls "0000 0000 XXXX" does.
    ~Activation Required is written across the top of my display.
    ~Data doesn't work.
    ~Email service isn't working.

When I try to use the browser the "EDGE" symbol goes to "edge" and then alternates. If I leave the browser up all day, by the end of the day, the page (Usually tsn) will be up, but it takes all day.

When I tried to register my email account on the Storm, I did get an email in my inbox on the computer, but nothing is going to my phone.

From what I've read, I assume it's the OS version that is on the phone. I went under "Status" on the phone and I believe it's .122, which to my understanding, is what's causing the problem. I think it has to be upgraded or downgraded and then it will work.

If anyone with a bit more experience/knowledge could help out, tell me if I'm on the right track, I would appreciate it. Any resources or direction that would help me on my search would be awesome.

Thanks everyone!
    09-30-09 02:46 PM
    I recently bought a Telus Storm. Got it unlocked. Now everything Works fine on Rogers except the Caller Id. I had rogers check to make sure that it is hooked up twice. Sometimes the numbers from my contact list will appear during a ring, and sometimes they dont!

Once i told Rogers, i was using a Storm ( which they dont carry) they told me that they cant ensure that it will work!

Anyone else come across this problem!

Thanks Jason
    You are going to have to call rogers. I had the same problem. There are 2 types of caller ID and you have to get one of them removed from your account. I cant remmember which feature it was exactly, but the guy took it off for me, and 90% of my calls come through showing who it is unless it is a blocked number
    09-30-09 03:18 PM
    To nelz 16

Have you tried to re send your service books? my Data didnt work properly until then, also upgrade your OS aswell. I started off with 4.7.151, upgraded to.167 and now am on 5.0.230. You can fnd out how to do everything by just searching the site, there are some pretty easy reading tutorials!
    09-30-09 03:21 PM
    Nooganator, thanks so much for the advice. I'm now at the point where my only issue seems to be the Caller ID and my APP world aren't working. I'm using 191, about to upgrade to the 230. So far I'm pretty pleased with my new toy. It's a great upgrade from the 8100 I was using!
    10-01-09 12:23 AM
    Jehcaulk, how are you making out with the caller ID issue? I'm curious if you've resolved the problem.
    10-01-09 12:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD