Hi, I'm hoping someone here might be able to help.
    I'm a first time poster on Crackberry.com so I'm hoping this hasn't been posted already.

My brother purchased a Blackberry Curve 83xx model from someone on ebay. The device was unlocked when purchased. It was originally from AT&T.
    He now has it in England with Orange Cellular. He has service, he can make calls, receive calls, text, surf the web (so yes he has a blackberry web package added) and he can also get his email pushed to him through a blackberry.orange.co.uk account.

All of that being said, he can send me (a Blackberry Storm user on the Telus network in Canada) a request to add him to BBM, however once I accept his request it stays in pending status. And if I send him a request or a PIN message, he does not receive it at all.

We have tried to contact his service provider for help. I have contacted Blackberry reps that I know, we have also tried to call AT&T and Blackberry support, and no one can seem to figure it out. All they suggest is for him to upgrade to 4.5.0.(whatever version is most recent for that device) and to upgrade BBM to version 5.0 .... both have been upgraded and still to no avail.

PLEASE HELP ..... it would be greatly appreciated... I want to be able to talk more frequently with my brother while he's over seas for school. Thanks
    11-15-09 11:59 AM
    After you have received the request and is in pending, what happens after you try a battery pull.. (leave the device on, take out the battery for 15 secs or so and replace)

Also, how are the requests being sent, by pin seems to work, I know of people who have had issues with email address etc...
    11-15-09 12:02 PM
    a battery pull has been done by both sides.
    we've both sent the requests by pin, but he wont get mine, and i will get his.
    11-15-09 12:24 PM
    WOAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH we just tried sending the request through email... how that didn't occur to me in the first place is funny and weird ... but it has workd

this issue can now be considered solved.... Thanks Rachel for reminding me that the request can be made via email
    11-15-09 12:29 PM
    wait, i may have spoke too soon....
    we are now both on each others contact lists...
    his messages come through to me, but mine are not getting to him.
    they show the checkmark on my side, but have no been delieved to him ..
    11-15-09 12:30 PM
    Try this just for fun..

Options, Advanced, Host routing table, Menu Key - register.
    11-15-09 12:37 PM
    hahaha we've gone thru that a few times ...
    i work for Telus, so the regular things i've gone through
    11-15-09 12:49 PM
    Have you provisioned your blackberry recently?
    options> mobile network> BlackBerry button> start provisioning
    11-15-09 12:56 PM
    i do not have a start provisioning option under mobile network...
    i can run a diagnostic test tho.
    11-15-09 01:05 PM
    Oh, thats on mine, I dont know the storm settings..
    11-15-09 01:16 PM
    Well, I figured since this thread is because of the problems I'm having here in the UK that I should join the thread!

Ok, so I ran a diagnostic test (no provisioning option under mobile network...) and it said:
    BlackBerry Registration: Yes
    Connected to BlackBerry: No
    Blackberry PIN-PIN: No

I just ran another diagnostic test a few minutes after and the NO's became YES's.

... not sure how valuable this information is though...
    11-15-09 01:32 PM
    Well, I figured since this thread is because of the problems I'm having here in the UK that I should join the thread!

Ok, so I ran a diagnostic test (no provisioning option under mobile network...) and it said:
    BlackBerry Registration: Yes
    Connected to BlackBerry: No
    Blackberry PIN-PIN: No

I just ran another diagnostic test a few minutes after and the NO's became YES's.

... not sure how valuable this information is though...
    Do you have a BlackBerry Data Plan?
    11-15-09 02:59 PM
    Do you have a BlackBerry Data Plan?

read the original post!
    11-15-09 05:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD