09-19-09 11:15 AM
26 12
tools
    So I unlocked my a storm several months back to use on at&t. Recently traded my curve for an iphone to test out. I wanna give my storm to a friend to use and she is back on vzw. We went to the store today to have it activated for her. Unfortunately they failed and couldnt get it to connnect to the vzw service. The storm is a 9530 unlocked running .191 and still get up with at&t service books. Is there any reason it wouldnt connect? do i need to downgrade to .148? Is this even do able. Thanks for any input in advance.
    09-15-09 11:56 PM
    I think u need to delete ur service books (from att).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-09 12:20 AM
    Alright. Im currently in the process of wiping and reloading .148
    09-16-09 12:28 AM
    IMHO do not downgrade, just do a quick wipe, and load 151 or 167 on the phone, not 148.

09-16-09 12:36 AM
    Well I fully wiped and loaded .148. Verizon says that the phone cannot connect to the network' anybody else have any ideas?

09-16-09 02:10 PM
    Unlocking the storm has nothing to do with being able to use it with Verizon since it's always been a Verizon phone.

I'm guessing maybe Verizon is doing something wrong.

If you clean wiped the phone, it should be good to go.
    09-16-09 02:17 PM
    They need to activate the pin on her account and then you need to put the verizon sim in and make sure the connection is set for 1xev

09-16-09 02:32 PM
    Lol verizon should just go gsm

09-16-09 02:45 PM
    They need to activate the pin on her account and then you need to put the verizon sim in and make sure the connection is set for 1xev

Verizon sim needs to be in for 1xev?
    09-16-09 02:48 PM
    Verizon sim needs to be in for 1xev?
    No sim card makes no difference on cdma
    Its really irritating people haven't understood that by now

09-16-09 03:03 PM
    I didn't think the sim card would make any difference but the guy helping us thought otherwise. Did I really get two different noob employees back to back or is my storm a no go for verizon?

09-16-09 08:51 PM
    there should be no reason it cant work unless for some reason its a bad esn. Have you tried calling or are you going in person to a vzw store? whichever you have done i suggest trying whichever you haven't tried. It should work i don't know why they would have so much difficulty with it.
    09-16-09 09:00 PM
    i have the same problem. i took my unlocked to Verizon store and NOOB said it can never be used on system again. i deleted AAT service books. anyone have a link to VZW service books?
    09-16-09 09:40 PM
    OMFG!!!

Tell your friend to log into their Verizon Wireless online account and go to Phone. Then Activate Equipment. Then put in the info it asks for off the phone (you can get it in the Status screen or the Help Me screen on the device.) Then make sure the Radio is set to 1XEV and dial *22899 from it and wait for the programming to finish. If for some reason that call fails, the go here The Roaming Zone-System ID (SID) List and look up the Home SID of where your friend lives. Then dial ##000000 and make sure the Home SID on that screen matches, if not, change it so that it does. Hit Menu and Save and let the phone reboot. Then dial *22899 again and let it OTA program. If for some goofy reason *22899 does not work, dial *228 and pick the option for English and the Program your phone... should be 1 and 1.

BTW, before doing all of this, have your friend go into Options/Security/General and hit Menu/Wipe to do a full security wipe on the device... this will get rid of AT&T service books and the rest. VZW Service Books will come down when you do the activation for the phone and it registers to the network with BB service on their account.
    09-16-09 09:50 PM
    that worked so easy, thanks.
    09-16-09 10:02 PM
    hahahahhahaha, have to love the VZW service reps.

Chalk another one up to crackberry!
    09-16-09 10:54 PM
    hahahahhahaha, have to love the VZW service reps.

Chalk another one up to crackberry!
    Another big reason why when I walk into a VZW store I wear earplugs. It helps me keep my sanity.
    09-17-09 12:22 AM
    I had never had a blackberry before the storm but im fairly tech savy and had a pretty good understanding of Verizon's network before and watching them set up my storm was painful, i wanted to intervene but held back, i prefer they think i dont know what im doing
    09-17-09 09:41 AM
    OMFG!!!

Tell your friend to log into their Verizon Wireless online account and go to Phone. Then Activate Equipment. Then put in the info it asks for off the phone (you can get it in the Status screen or the Help Me screen on the device.) Then make sure the Radio is set to 1XEV and dial *22899 from it and wait for the programming to finish. If for some reason that call fails, the go here The Roaming Zone-System ID (SID) List and look up the Home SID of where your friend lives. Then dial ##000000 and make sure the Home SID on that screen matches, if not, change it so that it does. Hit Menu and Save and let the phone reboot. Then dial *22899 again and let it OTA program. If for some goofy reason *22899 does not work, dial *228 and pick the option for English and the Program your phone... should be 1 and 1.

BTW, before doing all of this, have your friend go into Options/Security/General and hit Menu/Wipe to do a full security wipe on the device... this will get rid of AT&T service books and the rest. VZW Service Books will come down when you do the activation for the phone and it registers to the network with BB service on their account.
    i followed these steps and all is going well till th *228 stage. The phone has no service to it and when i dial it it beeps and tells me activation unsuccessful. Any advice on what to do from here?

EDIT: Alright i fixed the home SID and now the phone is receiving service but neither *22899 nor *288 works for get getting the phone active still. Now what?
    Last edited by CBPilu; 09-17-09 at 10:14 AM. Reason: solved part of problem
    09-17-09 10:06 AM
    Got a hold of vzw cs and they told me the phone is stuck in roaming and that *228 won't work till the phone is off roaming. They said that there is a problem with the device itself. Anyone have any ideas?

09-17-09 11:50 AM
    you sure you entered all the data in ##000000 right? also make sure you entered your mobile telephone number there in mtn
    also don't forget to try a battery pull after saving this
    09-17-09 12:23 PM
    you sure you entered all the data in ##000000 right? also make sure you entered your mobile telephone number there in mtn
    yes i did all this right. The CS at vzw made me do it twice. Im just really stumped as to why they told me its a device issue. I wiped the device and reloaded .148 cause it was vzw's own software
    09-17-09 12:45 PM
    yes i did all this right. The CS at vzw made me do it twice. Im just really stumped as to why they told me its a device issue. I wiped the device and reloaded .148 cause it was vzw's own software
    09-18-09 07:01 PM
    so is it working now or not?
    09-18-09 07:14 PM
    still no success getting it registered with vzw
    09-19-09 10:55 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD