04-15-11 12:05 PM
26 12
tools
    Ok so here is my situation. My browser works, sms/mms work. What doesnt work for me is trying to access anything Tmobile like tzones, or 'manage internet email' in the setup folder. My signal immediately goes from 'EDGE' to 'edge'. Also when I try to check APN settings and enter various APN addresses which I've tried them all, and then an app needs access, my signal again drops and get an APN app error. From the signal drops I've mentioned, the only way to get it back is to turn radio off and then back on. If all I need to do is use the bis server then I'm up and running, its when I try what I've mentioned above when I run into issues.

Can someone with an unlocked storm on tmobile try my situations?
    Or if someone can guide me to fix this I would appreciate it. I have some apps that are only APN dependant that arent working now.
    Thanks.
    07-28-09 06:29 PM
    I have an unlocked storm on tmobile and when i had that issue i changed the Apn to Internet2.voicestream.com then in mobile network options select 2G. and switch it to manual. then in advanced options- Host routing table select the bold network and register. keep in mind that if you do a battery pull you will have to put it back on just 2G. this has worked for me hope it works for you.
    07-28-09 08:23 PM
    Ok I just tried the tzones and I did get the edge but I also never use it. I don't have any thing set to my APN. And as far as setting the email I always go to the to website because its a lot easier.

What apps are you using that needs APN and if its pandora than to make your life a lot easier get slacker. But let us know what apps I'd needing to use the APN.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 08:23 PM
    I have an unlocked storm on tmobile and when i had that issue i changed the Apn to Internet2.voicestream.com then in mobile network options select 2G. and switch it to manual. then in advanced options- Host routing table select the bold network and register. keep in mind that if you do a battery pull you will have to put it back on just 2G. this has worked for me hope it works for you.
    Didnt help me, no Apn settings work for me. Can you try to use tinytwitter?

Ok I just tried the tzones and I did get the edge but I also never use it. I don't have any thing set to my APN. And as far as setting the email I always go to the to website because its a lot easier.

What apps are you using that needs APN and if its pandora than to make your life a lot easier get slacker. But let us know what apps I'd needing to use the APN.

Try tinytwitter, thanks.
    07-28-09 10:19 PM
    Have you tried ubertwitter. Its a lot better than tiny twitter.

07-28-09 11:04 PM
    Thanks .... helped me much
    07-29-09 12:08 AM
    ok i have been there an done all of that stuff i have my storm cranking on t mobile i accidentaly download an newer os then i began to have problems you need to have v4.7.0.75 os and then set you apn to wap.voicestream.com
    host routing table should say usa 310160030
    browser should be set as follows
    Defualt browser configuration interent browser

default MDS browser configuration is interenet browser

default wap browser configuration is T mobile
    data services should be set to on
    mobile network should be t mobile
    network selections mode should be set to automatic
    network technologly should be gsm/unts
    network mode should be set to 2 g
    this should make it work like a charm if you still need help contact me and i will do my best i am new at this but i have been threw the mill on the phone for hours with both t mobile and all of their tear level people 1,2,3 and then some free rim service help via t mobile connections for hours to have then help me out, finially it all came to gether then i went and upgraded to the next os systema dn lost it all . thank goddness i had backed up my work on the black berry desk top so i was able to wipe my hand held and re install the old back up info and perfect.
    i might try out some of these new so called leaked os systems to see if they work on my storm t mobile set up . the last one i think it was the 143 or 148 os worked sweet until i started to lose the EDGE atatus and got the edge Status lost my interent ability an have to downgrade. any one have any input please set up an let me know.love my berry i have many themes for it now they al work well some a bit slow at first but after i quick pull the battery they smooth themselves oou.
    07-29-09 12:43 AM
    how do you downgrade to BlackBerry Storm Firmware v4.7.0.75 im having the same problem and its very fustrating
    07-29-09 01:13 PM
    Does using wap APN settings allow you to get data without a BIS plan? Could I use my gmail app to check email?

On prepaid Tmobile, what would the charges be?
    07-29-09 01:46 PM
    I could not really follow harkfu but do not down grade to .75. You will not be happy if you did. Just upgrade to .151 and make sure that the mobile network is set to 2g.

07-29-09 01:48 PM
    @jeffmik nope. If the storm had wifi maybe but since it does not that is a no go. I mean you can use the net on the phone but they will charge you for it.
    07-29-09 02:01 PM
    where do i find the upgrade to .151 ????
    07-29-09 09:16 PM
    ok i have been there an done all of that stuff i have my storm cranking on t mobile i accidentaly download an newer os then i began to have problems you need to have v4.7.0.75 os and then set you apn to wap.voicestream.com
    host routing table should say usa 310160030
    browser should be set as follows
    Defualt browser configuration interent browser

default MDS browser configuration is interenet browser

default wap browser configuration is T mobile
    data services should be set to on
    mobile network should be t mobile
    network selections mode should be set to automatic
    network technologly should be gsm/unts
    network mode should be set to 2 g
    this should make it work like a charm if you still need help contact me and i will do my best i am new at this but i have been threw the mill on the phone for hours with both t mobile and all of their tear level people 1,2,3 and then some free rim service help via t mobile connections for hours to have then help me out, finially it all came to gether then i went and upgraded to the next os systema dn lost it all . thank goddness i had backed up my work on the black berry desk top so i was able to wipe my hand held and re install the old back up info and perfect.
    i might try out some of these new so called leaked os systems to see if they work on my storm t mobile set up . the last one i think it was the 143 or 148 os worked sweet until i started to lose the EDGE atatus and got the edge Status lost my interent ability an have to downgrade. any one have any input please set up an let me know.love my berry i have many themes for it now they al work well some a bit slow at first but after i quick pull the battery they smooth themselves oou.
    HARKFU, just wanted to confirm that your steps solved my problem as well. Downgrading to .0.75 was key! then following your steps percisely did the trick for me. I had one app (ameritrade) that kept failing no matter what I did until I tried your setup. I too have an unlocked Verizon Storm 9530 using it on T-Mobile.
    08-15-09 12:48 PM
    hello, i am new to the Storm i just got it a couple of days ago and i am having the same issue.. I wanted to see how i would go about downgrading the OS to .75 because right now i have the .148 and the browser as well as BIS is not working for me.. So how do i downgrade.. whenever i download the file for the .75 and i ran the .exe file and when i went into the Desktop manager and ran it.. it says that i dont need a software update..
    Last edited by n8izzle; 08-15-09 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Added error
    08-15-09 01:50 PM
    Ok so here is my situation. My browser works, sms/mms work. What doesnt work for me is trying to access anything Tmobile like tzones, or 'manage internet email' in the setup folder. My signal immediately goes from 'EDGE' to 'edge'. Also when I try to check APN settings and enter various APN addresses which I've tried them all, and then an app needs access, my signal again drops and get an APN app error. From the signal drops I've mentioned, the only way to get it back is to turn radio off and then back on. If all I need to do is use the bis server then I'm up and running, its when I try what I've mentioned above when I run into issues.

Can someone with an unlocked storm on tmobile try my situations?
    Or if someone can guide me to fix this I would appreciate it. I have some apps that are only APN dependant that arent working now.
    Thanks.

does anyone have a solution to this problem becuz i'm having the same problem
    08-17-09 10:35 AM
    I don't think there is a fix for this as I have the same problem on my bold. I have tired everything to fix this issue but I seem to always hit a wall.

08-17-09 02:07 PM
    i fixed it called t-mobile to have them help me set up email and then i did everything through the site and got my service books...tested by sending a email to myself and it work
    08-17-09 03:56 PM
    Can you show my how to change my bold to edge? I don't know what apn is or where it's at.
    09-06-09 11:17 AM
    i really need some help. i have a unlocked 9530 on tmobile. i got everything working. tzones, browser, mms. i just cant get my email or bb messenger to work, any advise? do i have to add a blackberry to my account and if so which one do i choose?
    12-20-09 10:42 PM
    i can't get my tzones or mms to work. did what everyone said on this thread, but nothing. I have os v5.0.0.328 and i get nothing in host routing table. can someone give me pointers.
    03-17-10 09:36 AM
    i can't get my tzones or mms to work. did what everyone said on this thread, but nothing. I have os v5.0.0.328 and i get nothing in host routing table. can someone give me pointers.
    Did you try to manually load the Service Books?
    03-17-10 10:49 AM
    i really need some help. i have a unlocked 9530 on tmobile. i got everything working. tzones, browser, mms. i just cant get my email or bb messenger to work, any advise? do i have to add a blackberry to my account and if so which one do i choose?
    Yes always need a BlackBerry Data for ANY native apps or services to work.
    03-17-10 10:50 AM
    Yes you can try adding it from your T-Mobile.com account. You can choose any model, it doesn't matter. Once you do that, try sending the service books from the site. If it still doesn't work, you might need to load the Service Books manually.
    03-17-10 10:50 AM
    Or, your PIN might be blocked.
    03-18-10 11:12 PM
    Let us know what worked out for you, it can help other members
    03-18-10 11:41 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD