Sorry if this has been answered over and over again, but I have been searching all day and haven't found the exact answer. So thanks in advance.

I have a Storm on Verizon that I want to get unlocked for use on At&t. I have a bunch of dumbphones sitting around that are At&t/Cingular with sim cards in them.

Can I activate one of them then put the sim card in my unlocked Storm to use for voice, sms, and mms? I realize that I won't get data from this method, so my Storm will just become a really smart dumbphone, right? If I want to in the future I could just add the BB data plan to it if I choose to do so?

Also, if I want the BB data now, do I just put one of the sim cards in and activate my Storm through At&t? Then follow one of the threads to get all the data features working for it?

Thanks again. I realize this question has probably been answered many times before, so I am ready for all the flamming I will recieve for this post. But all the help is greatly appreciated.
    09-25-09 02:56 PM
    no, it would be a really dumb smartphone.

in all seriousness, they woudl probly give you a new SIM card i would assume.
    09-25-09 03:40 PM
    If AT&T finds out you're using a blackberry, you'll get the data plan whether you want it or not...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-09 03:43 PM
    If AT&T finds out you're using a blackberry, you'll get the data plan whether you want it or not...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I dont think you are correct on this bishop. Ive had blackberrys on att without the bb plan sold to me in the store. also you can go on there website and buy or upgrade to a blackberry without getting the data plan. but you will los the 50 bucks you get for adding a bb plan to your line.
    If im not correct someone please pm me on this.
    09-25-09 05:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD