I got my gf an unlocked Storm, that was not completly unlocked. The messaging and phone calls work, and we found a walk through on blackberryforums.com on how to get the ATT service books. But thats not the problem. The problem is, her phone just stopped working. BBM, SMS, and phone calls are all dead. While calling out, a recording starts up about "Your verizon number something, blah blah blah". So, what can I do? We got it last night and it was working fine until a few minutes ago. On top of that, the guy I bought it off of had it for a few months, also with ATT, and it worked fine for him. Any help?
    11-28-09 06:43 PM
    There are several possibilities. First of all, if the phone was just reported stolen they may have locked the PIN number. This is the same as an ESN on another phone.

I know with my unlocked Telus Storm I had issues on AT&T where I lost my data connection and had to reset the phone several times a day. If the Storm you got was from Telus you may find that it is not possible to fully unlock the phone.

I know its too late for this now, but I would definitely suggest if you want an unlocked phone that you go buy a new one with no contract from a store and then have it unlocked. This way you can be sure it is not stolen or anything.

Out of curiousity, are you friends with the guy you bought it from, or did he just tell you he had been using it on AT&T?
    11-28-09 08:32 PM
    Im decent friends with the guy, and since I met him he had been using the Storm with his ATT card. So I hope he didnt report it stolen. Im about to go through the steps on here to open everything. Ive done a few battery pulls and turned the phone off, and its still not working.
    11-28-09 08:46 PM
    Edit: The signal was SOS for about 5 minutes, but its back to EDGE now, thank you! Now my only problem is unlocking everything else, because CrackUtil doesnt work for some reason, and the OS on her phone isnt listed under the method 2 in the unlocking thread.
    11-28-09 09:12 PM
    Haha, always happens that the simplest answer is the right one. I didn't even think of the network issue, my apologies. Glad you got it working though.
    11-28-09 09:52 PM
    BBM invite sent...
    :-)
    11-28-09 09:53 PM
    Hi,

I new to this site and I can't start a new thread detailing my issues. I have similar issues.
    I just bought an unlocked Verizon 9530 and I want to use it on Rogers. The basic voice features work ok but I want to use the browser. Rogers isn't much help. They say they don't support the 9530. Am I out of luck or do I have to switch carriers?
    Can anyone help me out?
    Thanks
    11-28-09 10:54 PM
    You have to load the correct carrier service books to get the full features to work and have a adequate BB Data Plan.
    11-29-09 09:52 AM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Where would I get the correct carrier service books if Rogers doesn't support this phone?
    11-29-09 02:43 PM
    A recent backup of any fellow Rogers BB User.
    11-29-09 02:46 PM
    A recent backup of any fellow Rogers BB User.
    I hope these questions aren't too stupid but I don't have any blackberry experience. So the recent backup doesn't have to be from a 9530?
    I don't want to screw up the phone.
    Is there a newbie guide available to hold my hand through the process of updating the phone?
    Thanks
    11-29-09 03:47 PM
    Yes from any BB device. There are probably many tutorials. Just have to search for them.
    11-29-09 03:50 PM
    Thanks for the info.
    11-29-09 04:08 PM
    Your welcome.
    11-29-09 05:47 PM
    I need help.
    I have a Blackberry storm, unlocked I bought at ebay.
    It worked fine for the first 3 or 4 days, but this morning it just stopped working.
    When i try to make calls it interrupts and says my phone is not allowed to call.
    and no texts will send or anything,
    It says I have a sim in it though.
    Please helpp.
    12-06-09 03:04 PM
    Do you have it set to 2G?
    12-07-09 11:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD