I just unlocked my Storm. I use the MTS network in Manitoba, and I"m wanting to put a prepaid sim card into it so I can choose between using MTS, or the prepaid card. My reasons for this are:

1) If I leave Manitoba and use a prepaid card with Rogers I'm hoping local phone calls will be cheaper. As it is now with MTS I believe I may sometimes get charged if I'm phoning from another province (free data/texts though, just charged for phone calls). Also if I'm roaming on Telus I am unable to send/receive text's, so it would be nice to be able to switch over to Rogers and at least get text's.

2) For the most part in Manitoba MTS gets better reception, but there is the odd place that Rogers gets better reception, and it would be nice to be able to switch over to Rogers and get service in those few places where service isn't so great. This becomes even more of an issue if I leave the province.

So I started looking at prepaid SIM cards from rogers and they are expensive, and the minutes you buy expire quickly. I have seen cheap plans from Petro Canada and 7-11, has anyone tried stealing the SIM card from one of those phones to use in your blackberry? Does my plan make sense? Any thoughts/opinions?
    10-16-09 03:15 PM
    I'm sure it would work as long as the frequency the carrier uses is supported on the device.
    10-16-09 06:42 PM
    I'm not sure if Rogers is still offering it, but I remember they used to have $100 top ups for prepaid sims, which lasted for 365 days!
    10-17-09 12:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD