im using a bb storm on att and dont want to have to pay for a blackberry plan. i turned off the data feature and dont use any data. will att know that im using a bb and charge me the extra 30 a month...
    02-24-10 11:59 PM
    yes, they will now. as in charge you? no. just make sure you DONT have that and they cant charge you. you just wont have all of the awsome features of having a data plan. but why get a BB without data? just get a regular flip phone or something.
    02-25-10 09:32 AM
    so is it yes or no? and the reason is im in college and 30 bucks a month is a waste since i get wifi everywhere so i always have access on my ipod..
    02-25-10 09:54 AM
    Why not just use a regular phone then and access everything on your iPod?
    02-25-10 10:02 AM
    i have always had blackberrys and their internet always sucked so i never used it then i had to give mine up becasue of the new rules and now i got a new one.. please dont post unless you have an answer to my question
    02-25-10 10:12 AM
    To answer your question, if you are using no data they should not know you have a BlackBerry. I don't know if they can tell just by your IMEI though.
    02-25-10 11:47 AM
    yes ..they will be able to tell by the imei and the sim card...your best bet is to have a data plan..if not when they find out it will be charged.sorry...the only way was when older models were "grandfathered" in. i have an older 8700c that i gave to my son it was grandfathered in. only thing is that when it craps out, i will have to pay the data plan rate for any newer one...cheers...hope this helps and good luck.
    02-25-10 12:47 PM
    ok im hearing from att that as long as i buy the phone from some one else besides them i do not need a data plan.. hope this is true
    02-25-10 06:06 PM
    This is true, I had a sony ericsson on my account. I purchased an unlocked 9530 from craigslist and it was never recognized by ATT and never got charged.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-10 10:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD