i just recently picked up a storm 2 that's unlocked (9520) but i cant get 3g on it, only edge... is there something im doing wrong? thanks for help
    03-08-10 10:25 PM
    Only 2G, yup.
    03-09-10 12:03 AM
    It won't work on 3G. Rogers uses 3G on a different frequency than your unlocked Storm 2.
    03-09-10 08:48 AM
    Geez guys. Not everyone is as SMRT as us when it comes to Blackberry's. Way to give a new user a nice impression of how "helpful" CB forums are by basically calling them stupid. YOU failed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-10 11:40 PM
    i just recently picked up a storm 2 that's unlocked (9520) but i cant get 3g on it, only edge... is there something im doing wrong? thanks for help
    Yes only edge, sorry.
    03-21-10 12:07 AM
    You will not be able to get 3G because the Storm/Tours Radio are not compatible with 3G frequencies in North America, which is why you can only get EDGE.
    03-21-10 12:11 AM
    Geez guys. Not everyone is as SMRT as us when it comes to Blackberry's. Way to give a new user a nice impression of how "helpful" CB forums are by basically calling them stupid. YOU failed.

I agree. There is no need to be so damn rude. We are all here to help eachother. Posts like this aren't going to give CrackBerry.com or the BlackBerry community a good name. If you have nothing nice to say then just go to the next post.

To the OP - sorry you will not be able to get 3G to work.

03-21-10 12:20 AM
    yeah i found this out after i picked my 9550 up.
    i was also having my calls randomly drop about 30 seconds into the conversation. i manually had to select "2G" instead of "2G & 3G" under mobile network options and the problem was fixed.

so is EDGE any faster then 2G? now that us storm users have it under rogers?
    03-24-10 09:57 AM
    yeah i found this out after i picked my 9550 up.
    i was also having my calls randomly drop about 30 seconds into the conversation. i manually had to select "2G" instead of "2G & 3G" under mobile network options and the problem was fixed.

so is EDGE any faster then 2G? now that us storm users have it under rogers?
    2G is EDGE
    03-24-10 09:59 AM
    Did I miss something? What was rude? I'm guessing a post was deleted?
    03-24-10 04:22 PM
    Yes it was deleted.
    03-24-10 04:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD