Hi all, I have a tour from sprint, the phone came unlocked so im using AT&T. Everything works after adding the service books and setting up the APN, including browser, email, mms, the only problem that i have is that whenever the phone tries to access the internet using the APN the big EDGE drops to little edge, Lets say i send a mms, or acces medianet using the wap browser, I was wondering if there is a solution to this such as swapping the radio for an old radio. or i dont know... anybody else using an unlocked tour having this problems?
    09-04-09 02:29 PM
    I sold a couple of Sprint 9630's to people who only use this phone on AT&T. All of em do not have BIS and use it with wap INTERNET only. I had the same problem as you in the beginning, until I got the service books from index . Then everything worked perfectly. In your case, I do not know what to say since you use BIS.
    09-04-09 02:43 PM
    I sold a couple of Sprint 9630's to people who only use this phone on AT&T. All of em do not have BIS and use it with wap INTERNET only. I had the same problem as you in the beginning, until I got the service books from index . Then everything worked perfectly. In your case, I do not know what to say since you use BIS.
    what berryology wants to do is sell me the service books and a guide, both ive gotten for free on the web.
    09-04-09 02:57 PM
    Wrong,
    You did not get them from the web. You probably got some generic service books or Storm's service books. THOSE DO NOT WORK ON THE TOUR !!! This is why you loose the Edge.
    Now, Berryology does not sell anything. They have a "Donate" link. I know it sounds crazy, but I tried just as you for 3 weeks, I wasted tens of hours to have the Tour working properly on Edge. Is 10$ too much ? I do not think so.
    And let me tell you why the Berryology service books will work : because they wrote those specially for the Tour, that's why.
    Now I know we are used to get everything for free, but sometimes we have to give a dime. And I am going to give you an example : I have been working for 3 months to a project that allows you to change a Blackberry Storm ESN,IMEI and PIN in order to have a Storm working on Sprint. So far I spent thousands of dollars in equipment, software and hundreds of hours of work. I am almost done, and if it works out, I will probably ask the same donation amount.Just this week I have burned 3 Blackberry Storms, they are garbage.
    Don't get me wrong, I am not advertising for berryology, I just think that 10$ is not a fortune.
    09-04-09 03:34 PM
    So let me get this straight. I can use my phone on AT&T networks as well as Sprint? I know it has a GSM radio and operates on GSM networks abroad, but I was under the impression it didn't in the states. Would I be able to choose which network it operates on or does it do it automatically? Where I live, Sprint has better coverage. But other places I go (DFW, OKC) have better AT&T coverage. I'd love to be able to operate on CDMA and GSM networks.
    09-04-09 05:16 PM
    You can use the phone on both networks without changing anything if we are talking about sms and voice. Unfortunately, when it comes about internet, email and service books you can only have one set of service books at a time in the Tour. This means that, after puting the AT&T service books in the Tour it will work on AT&T (again, internet), but not on Sprint. If you want to use the data services on Sprint again, you will have to get the Sprint service again into the phone. I might be wrong, and if I am, I apologize. I don't want to sound like a "know-it-all" wanna-be.
    09-04-09 05:25 PM
    Then it would be pretty pointless for me to get those service books. AT&T doesn't have 3G coverage where I live.
    09-04-09 06:05 PM
    ok the reason y u are loosing EDGE is because u r using a cdma device on gsm network. even though it has gsm capabilities the tour is designed perposly to have shakey data service while running on gsm network. it is like that because neither sprint or verizon want people to use their brand new blackberry on att or t-mobile. its what verizon did with the storm. if u had the cdma version u noticed the same problem. data on a gsm network isnt gonna be reliable. the best thing that u can do is get a hybrid os that is built to solve these problems but there is no real fix for it.

i apologize for any miss spellings. this isnt an english class
    09-04-09 06:14 PM
    Wrong,
    You did not get them from the web. You probably got some generic service books or Storm's service books. THOSE DO NOT WORK ON THE TOUR !!! This is why you loose the Edge.
    Now, Berryology does not sell anything. They have a "Donate" link. I know it sounds crazy, but I tried just as you for 3 weeks, I wasted tens of hours to have the Tour working properly on Edge. Is 10$ too much ? I do not think so.
    And let me tell you why the Berryology service books will work : because they wrote those specially for the Tour, that's why.
    Now I know we are used to get everything for free, but sometimes we have to give a dime. And I am going to give you an example : I have been working for 3 months to a project that allows you to change a Blackberry Storm ESN,IMEI and PIN in order to have a Storm working on Sprint. So far I spent thousands of dollars in equipment, software and hundreds of hours of work. I am almost done, and if it works out, I will probably ask the same donation amount.Just this week I have burned 3 Blackberry Storms, they are garbage.
    Don't get me wrong, I am not advertising for berryology, I just think that 10$ is not a fortune.
    That's right, I will donate tonight, and I hope it will work... Thanks for your help man.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-09 08:37 PM
    Don't get me wrong, I can not guarantee that it's going to work for you, but I can guarantee 110% that it worked for me, after trying everything else. When I use my Sprint's Tour on AT&T, berryology's service books work perfect. Please remember that I am not using BIS on AT&T, I use wap only. Hope it will work 4 u.
    09-04-09 09:13 PM
    Don't get me wrong, I can not guarantee that it's going to work for you, but I can guarantee 110% that it worked for me, after trying everything else. When I use my Sprint's Tour on AT&T, berryology's service books work perfect. Please remember that I am not using BIS on AT&T, I use wap only. Hope it will work 4 u.
    ok im kinda confused... how would you get EDGE if you dont use bis?? little edge is good enough to use wap... correct me if im wrong... I work for att and whenever you dont have a bis data plan u do not get EDGE, you just get edge...
    09-04-09 11:29 PM
    OK, I am not sure what the difference is between EDGE and edge, so , I am going to guess that is 3G and the second is 2G. If I am correct, then here is my answer : Storm and Tour, all hybrid CDMA+GSM BB, will not run on 3G on any GSM Network in US, included AT&T. You will only be able to run 2G.
    If I am wrong, then I will take another guess and say that you will get EDGE if using a BIS plan and edge if using wap, none of them being 3G.
    Yes, I am 100% sure now.
    It is the second choice :

"edge = No connection to RIM network and BlackBerry services will not function.
    EDGE = Connected to RIM network and all BlackBerry services should be working OK."

So, I guess I only got edge when using the internet via wap, and not EDGE, I apologize. My bad.
    But, if you have an AT&T BB plan, you can get EDGE on the Tour, correct ?
    Last edited by ciprianmuresan; 09-04-09 at 11:46 PM.
    09-04-09 11:34 PM
    How did you get the browser to work? I have a sprint tour on at&t, but the browser is not working. I've tried everything:reinstalling service books to wipe the browser off the blackberry and nothing
    10-10-09 01:21 PM
    Hey guys I'm new at this and I have the same problem can anyone help?. There has to be a way. Hopefully free thanks..
    Last edited by tolete4k; 09-24-10 at 05:42 AM.
    09-24-10 05:40 AM
    Hey guys I'm new at this and I have the same problem can anyone help?. There has to be a way. Hopefully free thanks..
    Try reloading the Service Books manually.
    09-25-10 10:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD