Going to the USA in a week. I have unlocked BlackBerry Bold 9780 on Bell and a Z10 on Rogers. When I get to USA, what do I do next? Where do I get the SIM cards that will work with each phone? What American networks do these phones work on? I hope this is easier and cheaper than buying travel plans.

Posted from my Z10 via CB10
    07-07-13 03:10 PM
    Going to the USA in a week. I have unlocked BlackBerry Bold 9780 on Bell and a Z10 on Rogers. When I get to USA, what do I do next? Where do I get the SIM cards that will work with each phone? What American networks do these phones work on? I hope this is easier and cheaper than buying travel plans.

Posted from my Z10 via CB10
    I think either an ATT or T-Mobile will work on these phones.
    Just go to the stores and ask for a pre-paid sim.

I'm actually going to Toronto and will need to get one from Roger's lol
    07-07-13 04:11 PM
    Hamsterwheel is dead on...
    07-07-13 09:50 PM
    Your Z10 will get speeds up to LTE on either T-Mobile or AT&T. But your Bell phone will get HSPA+ on AT&T, and HSPA+ in some places (depending on where you are) on T-Mobile.

I don't know much about AT&T prepaid service, so I'll

but there's a prepaid service call Roam Mobility that seems to be somewhat popular with short-duration Canadian travelers to the US. It gives you unlimited calling and texting to Canada and 100MB data (I believe) for $4 a day. They ship SIM cards to Canada, but IIRC, the SIM cards are not free. Roam Mobility works off of the T-Mobile network, so if you need high data speeds, you may want to stick their SIM in your Z10.

Another option is buying a T-Mobile prepaid SIM (called a starter kit) from Best Buy, Target, etc, and then buying the Walmart-exclusive, $30 T-Mobile plan that gives you 100 minutes and unlimited texting and 5GB of data.

You can also buy prepaid SIMs at carrier stores, but if you want the most bang for your buck, the two options above probably are it
    07-08-13 11:03 AM