Okay so no offense to anyone but I kind of need an educated answer on this. I used to work in cell phones and I can come up with an educated guess on my own but i need a solid answer before i go spending my money. And to be honest i dont trust my rep or bell customer service.

My question: Would an unlocked 2G phone work on bell? My assumption is it won't because bell doesn't have the edge network overlay, just HSPA. But the HSPA network runs on the same frequencies as Rogers so I have a bit of hope for it.

My girlfriend wants a BB and im not dishing out $500 plus tax on a pearl...even 250 on ebay is too steep when the rogers version is dirt cheap

Thanks
    11-23-09 12:28 AM
    Hey, I was hoping to figure this out too *I'm currently with rogers and have two 8900's, I was going to unlock one and give it to my girlfriend (as well as replace the casing and fix the water damage) *but I don't want to do that if it's not possible, or if the coverage is awful. Anyone know the answer?
    11-24-09 04:13 PM
    I would assume no because of the edge, but if the the mhz bands are the same it should.
    11-24-09 04:22 PM
    Okay so no offense to anyone but I kind of need an educated answer on this. I used to work in cell phones and I can come up with an educated guess on my own but i need a solid answer before i go spending my money. And to be honest i dont trust my rep or bell customer service.

My question: Would an unlocked 2G phone work on bell? My assumption is it won't because bell doesn't have the edge network overlay, just HSPA. But the HSPA network runs on the same frequencies as Rogers so I have a bit of hope for it.

My girlfriend wants a BB and im not dishing out $500 plus tax on a pearl...even 250 on ebay is too steep when the rogers version is dirt cheap

Thanks
    No it would't work so example a Blackberry 8900 that has no 3G will not work on Bell or Telus because they have no 2G Networks
    11-24-09 07:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD