Strange thing happened that I thought I'd run by you guys. I unlocked my Verizon Tour and since my mother in law's AT&T phone was malfunctioning so I gave her the Tour to use. She doesn't have a data plan and doesn't really use the Internet so I turned off the data services and put her SIM card in. Tested it and everything worked great. But, five days later she got an OTA message saying that she didn't have a data plan on Verizon and then she couldn't make any calls or text. She took it into the AT&T store and they told her that even if she paid for the data plan she still couldn't use the Tour on their network.

So what happened? I will have her check to see if it was relocked or the network setting changed to 1XEV again, but I know people use Verizon unlocked blackberries on AT&T. She's got an iPhone now so there really isn't a problem, but I'd like to know what happened. Did Verizon "reclaim" the phone? I deactivated the Tour on my account and am using my Storm. The whole thing puzzles me, but it does have implications if I try to sell it as an unlocked phone.
    Last edited by srvcb; 04-30-10 at 07:11 PM.
    04-30-10 07:04 PM
    Once a phone is unlocked it stays that way forever. The settings might have just changed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-10 07:19 PM
    Once unlocked always unlocked. It sounds like its not on the correct mobile network settings.
    04-30-10 09:30 PM
    Yeah that's what I thought. I'll have her check the settings tomorrow. I checked my Storm (unlocked same company) and it still said network inactive which I take as unlocked. AT&T even told her that despite her SIM card, that the calls were going through Verizon which I find hard to believe.
    04-30-10 10:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD