Ok so I bought a Tour the day it came out and I got it unlocked so I could use pre-paid sim cards when I travel outside the US. I'm starting to experience issues with my trackball not scrolling left or right very well at all. If I call VZW and do a warranty exchange, will they unlock the phone again for me? What should I do?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-09 04:13 PM
    If they unlocked it the 1st time wouldn't they unlock it the 2nd time?
    09-14-09 07:54 AM
    If they unlocked it the 1st time wouldn't they unlock it the 2nd time?
    All it would take is a phone call.

09-14-09 09:08 AM
    They will be able to unlock it again if it was for a warrenty issue. So you should be fine.

09-15-09 11:45 PM
    The usual rule is one unlock per ten months. Warranty exchanges are the exception.

Say, anybody know if that trackball is replaceable? Seems kind of a waste to replace the whole phone over a trackball when curve trackballs can be swapped out.
    09-16-09 07:22 AM
    Say, anybody know if that trackball is replaceable? Seems kind of a waste to replace the whole phone over a trackball when curve trackballs can be swapped out.
    The trackball is replaceable - but it is difficult, damage is likely & voiding the warranty is definite.

It isn't a simple popout process as in Curve/Pearl/8830 - there are several connectors involved & I don't think RIM could have made it more difficult if they tried.

All around, it is an exceptionally poor design.

09-16-09 08:38 AM
    Just call and see what they say, I don't see why they wouldnt
    09-16-09 09:17 AM
    Just call and see what they say, I don't see why they wouldnt
    Already stated above.
    09-16-09 09:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD