i brought a bb 8900 from ebay and had it unlocked via unlock code. when i put my t-mobile sim in it recognizes it and i have full signal however when i try and call anything i get an error saying "authorization failure" and im unable to receive calls from anyone. msg on the line says "calls are not currently being connected to this number" ive looked online for the past 2 days, called t-mobile who were beyond useless and stand cant find out whats wrong.
    09-23-09 10:07 AM
    Sounds like you need a new SIM card.
    09-23-09 10:14 AM
    Sounds like you need a new SIM card.
    the sim card works fine in my other phone. and i have the same issue with another sim card also that works find in my G1.
    09-23-09 10:15 AM
    the sim card works fine in my other phone. and i have the same issue with another sim card also that works find in my G1.
    SIM cards can work in other phones... does not necessarily mean it's a good SIM card.
    09-23-09 10:18 AM
    SIM cards can work in other phones... does not necessarily mean it's a good SIM card.
    ive tried to totally different sim cards and both have a the same issue. 1 is yes a old sim card, the other is only 2months old. i also just tried a 3rd payg sim which had the very same issue.
    09-23-09 10:20 AM
    Go get a new SIM card and report back.
    09-23-09 11:06 AM
    Go get a new SIM card and report back.

....srly

ive used 3 sims. all of which have the same issue. i thought it might be call blocking but there is no call block option in phone options but manual says there is meant to be
    09-23-09 11:16 AM
    I doubt T-Mo will be able to help if the SIM works ok in other devices. Have you tried an O2 PAYG SIM? If an O2 SIM works, that would suggest to me that the Blackberry hasnt been successfully unlocked.
    09-23-09 11:26 AM
    And you've verified that your device is in fact unlocked???
    09-23-09 11:47 AM
    And you've verified that your device is in fact unlocked???
    yes it is ideed unlocked. i get full t-moble signal but something on the phone is blocking it. when ever i try to call that phone in the top right hand corner are little arrows that show up. on the other end of the call it says what i wrote in the 1st post. doesnt even send to voice mail.

sim card:

sim disabled
    network disabled
    network subset disabled
    service provider disabled
    corporate disabled.
    09-23-09 12:12 PM
    Still sounds like a SIM card issue... sorry, that's all I can tell you... there is nothing on the phone that blocks your call except the SIM card.
    09-23-09 12:20 PM
    ....srly

ive used 3 sims. all of which have the same issue. i thought it might be call blocking but there is no call block option in phone options but manual says there is meant to be
    Yes, seriously. I guess you can just continue to ignore the advice and try other things out - your choice. Good luck.
    09-23-09 12:27 PM
    dude if aristile and fatboy tell you its so....its so......
    09-23-09 02:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD