Today I got my hands on an 8520, upgraded from an 8310. It's a T-Mobile, and I'm on ATT, so I needed it unlocked. I visited the forum here, read the stickied thread, and used CellUnlock.net to unlock it. In as little as a minute I receive the unlock code. I put it in, and voila, it looks unlocked.

So I followed the step-by-step instructions of the sticky to see if it truly was unlocked, and everything showed disabled (which means unlocked if I read the thread right.) But when I do a battery pull to restart the phone, I keep getting text messages from a:

+1121611611 saying "122 error invalid number. Please re-send using a valid 10 digit mobile number or valid short code. Activate:dt=6"

I have done at least 3 battery pulls, each time getting that same message upon reboot. the #dt=6 never changes, so I don't know what it means. I replied with my cell # each time, cuz I figure thats what it wants. But it keeps coming back. What does this mean and how can I remedy it? I emailed CellUnlock.nets customer service email a few hours ago, but was hoping someone here might know an answer tonight?
    07-07-10 09:37 PM
    Sounds like you don't have a BIS or a BES plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-10 06:26 PM
    Did you used to have Visual voice mail before...or even currently? Seems to be a problem with your settings with that. Either get it removed and put back on, or you can reload your OS...one of the 2 should fix your problem

Today I got my hands on an 8520, upgraded from an 8310. It's a T-Mobile, and I'm on ATT, so I needed it unlocked. I visited the forum here, read the stickied thread, and used CellUnlock.net to unlock it. In as little as a minute I receive the unlock code. I put it in, and voila, it looks unlocked.

So I followed the step-by-step instructions of the sticky to see if it truly was unlocked, and everything showed disabled (which means unlocked if I read the thread right.) But when I do a battery pull to restart the phone, I keep getting text messages from a:

+1121611611 saying "122 error invalid number. Please re-send using a valid 10 digit mobile number or valid short code. Activate:dt=6"

I have done at least 3 battery pulls, each time getting that same message upon reboot. the #dt=6 never changes, so I don't know what it means. I replied with my cell # each time, cuz I figure thats what it wants. But it keeps coming back. What does this mean and how can I remedy it? I emailed CellUnlock.nets customer service email a few hours ago, but was hoping someone here might know an answer tonight?
    07-08-10 06:30 PM
    I have BIS and no to the visual voicemail. I use ATT. I have done some searching and this appears to be the TMobile Fave Five or whatever they call it trying to register.
    07-08-10 08:48 PM
    Sounds about right.
    07-09-10 12:06 AM
    Usually stops after a couple of days. Let us know if it does.
    07-12-10 12:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD