Okay so I recently obtained a used Blackberry Bold 9000 from a friend of mine. All the information and settings from the previous owner were still on the phone when I got it. I unlocked it for T-mobile everything works fine (including MMS) except for when I try to use the browser and go to a site I get this error message:

This is a Wi-Fi service. Please ensure your device has an active Wi-Fi connection and try again.

My old Curve 8310 (also an AT&T Blackberry unlocked for T-mobile) used EDGE and I accessed the internet fine.

I called T-mobile and a technician stood on the phone with me for what felt like an hour trying to fix the problem. Apparently I don't have the T-mobile service book for the browser named "WAP". He told me to check out crackberry and read an article on an unlocked storm that explains how to get browser and mms working, I read it and downloaded Crackutil but I really don't want to F up my Bold as the article was written for a Storm.

Does anyone know how I can get my browser functioning on EDGE instead of the wifi? Or is there something else I can do?

PLEASE HELP!
    09-16-09 01:41 AM
    You should just be able to log into My T-Mobile and re-send your service books. I had the same thing until I did that and it worked like a charm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-09 02:05 AM
    is your deafult browser set as a hotspot one and not the regular one?
    09-16-09 03:38 AM
    is your deafult browser set as a hotspot one and not the regular one?
    Yeah! When I go to Options>Advanced Options>Browser, the default browser configuration I have says Hotspot Browser, and I cant change it for some reason. What should I do??
    09-17-09 04:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD