I have a Rogers Bold 9000 that I unlocked and am using on Bell Mobility. Their website says that all one needs to do is insert the SIM card and it will work.

Everything works but emails/PIN messages/BBM messages frequently don't arrive until I do something on the phone that uses data (go to a website in the browser, send an email, send a message on BBM, listen to a song (with the option to auto-update BBM status with current song), etc.)

There does not seem to be a problem with calls or texts. The only other thing is that I frequently have to go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Host Routing Table, then press Register Now. Sometimes the phone will just say 3G without the BlackBerry symbol (in caps).

OS version is 5.0.0.411 (661)

Can anyone tell me what is going on here?
    Last edited by whitebread_b; 01-18-10 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Corrected 2 typos
    01-18-10 06:54 PM
    Well I can't say for sure as I was going to suggest resending the service books and you've done that. Have you tried reloading the software and what version software are you running? I have the same phone as you unlocked Rogers Bold running on the Bell network and I have no problems what so ever. Good luck and keep us informed how you make out.
    01-18-10 07:37 PM
    I went through this today with my AT&T Bold switched over to T-Mobile. The T-Mobile Support tech had to input my PIN and IMEI #'s. Once they did that, my email started pouring in from Yahoo and GMail.

So call Bell and tell them. They *should* know what to do.
    01-18-10 07:53 PM
    Well, I've already re-installed the device software and had Bell re-provision my services, and I made sure they have my correct PIN/IMEI. Still getting ****ty service.

Maybe I'll try out the 4.6 OS and see how that goes

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-10 12:03 PM
    4.6 would be the way to go.
    01-20-10 12:11 PM
    I am having a problem with my unlocked Bold 9000 on Bell network as well.

Just got the phone on the Bell HSPA network on Monday...No problems. Untill today it has randomly started going to SOS periodically, and then it will go back into full 3G coverage, full bars, internet/data service will work...but voice services/SMS does not. Voice/SMS will come back on periodically...for a short period of time...then resume failing all my attempted calls, and receiving none.

Any insight?? I have tried to contact Bell and they said there is nothing wrong on their end.
    01-21-10 05:48 PM
    Try updating the OS
    01-21-10 06:57 PM
    running the most current official O/S.... 5.0
    01-21-10 07:18 PM
    I agree. 4.6 isn't a bad option at all. I'm still running 4.6 on mine and I couldn't be happier My 9700, I run 5.0
    01-22-10 12:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD