Hi folks.
    Quick question here.
    I unlocked my curve in the States (T-mobile 8320). But when I tried to insert a Japanese sim card in my phone the curve didn't read the card. The Phone company im using out here is Softbank. And they don't have a clue. so I figure just come to the experts.
    10-22-08 06:19 AM
    Im not sure if the frequency is the same in Japan. there is a place out there called cell hire and you may have to rent a device from them.
    10-22-08 07:19 AM
    The Curve won't work here - only the 8707h and the Bold. You need a berry with UMTS 2100 mhz support. Also - softbank doesn't have a blackberry data package so you will only end up getting voice and getting charged a lot for any data you are able to use. I have a Bold - works great on Docomo.
    10-24-08 06:57 PM
    BlackberryBoldJapan,

Do you have a docomo blackberry plan? The one that you apply for on the web? Or just a regular docomo plan? Or are you a business user?

One last question, can you send and receive mms on your bold through docomo?

I'm on softbank, have a bold but can't use it at all, might have to make the switch..
    11-06-08 09:20 PM
    The Curve won't work here - only the 8707h and the Bold. You need a berry with UMTS 2100 mhz support. Also - softbank doesn't have a blackberry data package so you will only end up getting voice and getting charged a lot for any data you are able to use. I have a Bold - works great on Docomo.
    i was checking the specs on the 87xx series and i noticed that the 8700c runs Europe/Asia Pacific: 1800MHz GSM/GPRS networks, Europe/Asia Pacific: 900MHz GSM/GPRS networks and EDGE networks

and the 8707g runs Europe/Asia Pacific: 1800MHz GSM/GPRS networks & Europe/Asia Pacific: 900MHz GSM/GPRS networks

does this mean that the 8700c can also be used in Japan? My brother has curve and will be shipped off to Japan & wants to stick with Blackberry so i'm doing a lil research for him.
    01-19-09 01:17 AM
    Hi folks.
    Quick question here.
    I unlocked my curve in the States (T-mobile 8320). But when I tried to insert a Japanese sim card in my phone the curve didn't read the card. The Phone company im using out here is Softbank. And they don't have a clue. so I figure just come to the experts.
    I'm using tour (unlocked) and it works with my softbank sim card. but thinking of switching to docomo. but i've got no clue on that.
    09-13-09 01:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD