Had my blackberry bold 9700 unlocked. originally it was on Bell and no I am trying to put it on telus. Voice works but can't use the data. Cant browse or use BBM.

I have a data plan with Telus.
    What's wrong with it?
    01-13-10 12:56 PM
    have you called Telus and asked them?
    01-13-10 12:57 PM
    yeah nothing from them. Most of the people there have no idea what they are talking about. They say that sometimes unlocked phones dont work on data, but they have no idea why
    01-13-10 12:59 PM
    Make sure ur data plan is an actual "blackberry data plan" and not "internet data" for smartphone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-10 01:06 PM
    the blackberry apn for telus is bb.telus.com username and password are blank. you cant get data unless you configure that. its under TCP/IP settings.
    01-13-10 01:13 PM
    where do i change those settings?
    01-13-10 01:25 PM
    ah i see where to do it.

The default authentication is user: APN and Password: APN

is that ok to leave as is?

Haha, I'm a noob. Telus does not require APN authentication. Called Telus and they are setting it to a Blackberry Specific data plan. Someone messed up.
    Last edited by Mikey3Seat; 01-13-10 at 01:50 PM. Reason: I'm a noob
    01-13-10 01:27 PM
    the blackberry apn for telus is bb.telus.com username and password are blank. you cant get data unless you configure that. its under TCP/IP settings.
    Thanks Intz. I missed the part about leaving the user and pass blank but I got it now. Waiting for data to work. They said it would take 1-2 hours before it's up and running.
    01-13-10 01:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD