Got this phone (bb bold 9650) unlocked, validated that it was indeed unlocked.
    Put in ATT Sim
    Get signal bars
    Try to send text message and get error 97
    Try to call and automated message comes up and says that VERIZON had trouble with my request. any ideas?
    09-07-12 05:39 AM
    It sounds like text messaging (and possibly calling) was previously blocked on the device by Verizon.
    09-07-12 05:49 AM
    Can I call att and get it fixed? I ordered this phone online so Im still skeptical on the validity of it
    09-07-12 05:50 AM
    Usually if a phone is blocked, nothing will work on the phone on any network (i.e. phone calls, text messages, 3G). That didn't sound like the problem to me, so I did a bit of research and found a solution that has helped some people:

Go into Options | Advanced Options | Host Routing Table. Select the bold entry, hit your menu button, and choose Register Now. See if you get a registration messages a few seconds later. Afterwards remove the battery from your device for 1 minute then put it back in.

If that doesn't work, I'd suggest getting in touch with the network that originally supplied the phone (sounds like Verizon) or the company that sold you the phone.

I hope that helps.
    09-07-12 06:41 AM
    Ensure your mobile network settings are correct.
    09-08-12 05:39 AM
    Go to manage connections then to mobile network options then change the network technology to GSM UMTS and then the network mode to 2G. I had this problem using the 9650 before on a GSM network. If it's unlocked, it'll work.
    09-11-12 03:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD