Hello everyone.

I just unlocked my BB 8300 Curve, which was locked the Rogers Network. I have successfully entered the MEP2 code and all the network options show 'disabled' like they should. However, when I insert my Bell SIM card, I only can connect to SOS. I have tried rebooting and taking out the SIM, even the paper behind the SIM card deal, but no dice.

I have run out of ideas. Any suggestions?
    11-09-10 08:06 PM
    Try reloading the software. ..
    11-09-10 09:16 PM
    Is your Bell SIM a GSM SIM card?
    11-09-10 09:42 PM
    Tried reloading software. Same issue. What do you mean by a GSM SIM card?
    11-09-10 10:00 PM
    Sorry but the 8300 will not work on the Bell Network. The 8300 from rogers is GSM which Bell does not support. Only supports HSPA.
    11-09-10 10:48 PM
    Yep. That's what I was getting at. The device is a GSM device. The Bell SIM is an HSPA+ SIM. The two won't work together.
    11-11-10 09:22 PM
    Hello everyone.

I just unlocked my BB 8300 Curve, which was locked the Rogers Network. I have successfully entered the MEP2 code and all the network options show 'disabled' like they should. However, when I insert my Bell SIM card, I only can connect to SOS. I have tried rebooting and taking out the SIM, even the paper behind the SIM card deal, but no dice.

8300 is designed to run on EDGE networks not 3G (HSPA) and Bell runs CDMA and HSPA, so it won't work.
    11-11-10 10:44 PM
    Hello everyone.

Rogers and Fido will be your only choice in Canada.
    11-12-10 08:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD