Heya,

I have successfully unlocked my 9700 from Vodafone and I can't get the internet to work with PAYG O2 Apn settings.
    03-10-10 12:28 PM
    Just a guess, but try going on O2 Mobile Phone Settings... see if that works. (this is from either your 9700 or computer.)
    03-11-10 01:09 AM
    A friend with a 8520 on 02 was told to go to 02email.co.uk
    03-11-10 02:19 AM
    Nope. It doesn't work.
    I have set the TCP/IP settings to:
    APN: payandgo.o2.co.uk
    Username: vertigo
    Password: password
    03-11-10 10:12 AM
    Need a BB Data Plan or it won't work.
    03-11-10 10:23 AM
    I've been told that you can make it work with a generic data plan instead of a BB one. Is this carrier specific?
    03-11-10 11:26 AM
    thats the settings i used when i was on o2 and it worked
    03-11-10 11:46 AM
    Apps won't work unless they can run off tcp settings which the majority don't.
    03-11-10 01:46 PM
    I've been told that you can make it work with a generic data plan instead of a BB one. Is this carrier specific?
    Some have been able to do it, but you will only be able to use the browser. You will not be able to use Native Email App, BBM etc..
    03-11-10 11:56 PM
    Some have been able to do it, but you will only be able to use the browser. You will not be able to use Native Email App, BBM etc..
    how do i make the browser work with a generic data plan?
    I've tried downloading Opera Mini and internet browsing still doesn't work.
    03-15-10 09:10 PM
    how do i make the browser work with a generic data plan?
    I've tried downloading Opera Mini and internet browsing still doesn't work.
    You need a Blackberry Data Plan or for CDMA phones you need the phone to be flashed with the correct settings. Have seen once in the forums someone that was able to get the browser to work on a non-bb plan, will try to look for it.
    Last edited by cellunlocknet; 03-15-10 at 09:15 PM.
    03-15-10 09:13 PM
    You need a Blackberry Data Plan or for CDMA phones you need the phone to be flashed with the correct settings. Have seen once in the forums someone that was able to get the browser to work on a non-bb plan, will try to look for it.
    I'm not sure if you get my question. I am going on holiday for a few months, visiting a few countries. Therefore, I hope to get my blackberry working with different sim cards from different countries.

I am aware that I can't use BBM, BB Browser and push email (etc.) on a non-BB data plan.

I just want to do general web surfing (like using the mobile site for twitter, gmail and facebook) from my BB9700 on a generic data plan. From my reading, I have been told that you can do this by downloading Opera Mini and changing the TCP/IP settings on my BB9700. I did this but it still doesn't work. What is the problem?
    03-16-10 01:13 PM
    I'm not sure if you get my question. I am going on holiday for a few months, visiting a few countries. Therefore, I hope to get my blackberry working with different sim cards from different countries.

I am aware that I can't use BBM, BB Browser and push email (etc.) on a non-BB data plan.

I just want to do general web surfing (like using the mobile site for twitter, gmail and facebook) from my BB9700 on a generic data plan. From my reading, I have been told that you can do this by downloading Opera Mini and changing the TCP/IP settings on my BB9700. I did this but it still doesn't work. What is the problem?
    Yes we understand. If possible you would need to have the correct TCP/IP settings for each provider you will be using. We personally have never tried it but like mentioned above, I remember coming across a thread where some have claimed to use it by changing the TCP/IP settings.
    03-16-10 01:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD