I unlocked my verizon 9650 September of 2010 to use with Rogers in Canada and didn't have a problem (after wiping and re-installing the OS) in Canada but now I want to use my phone with Verizon again over the summer. I tried this a couple of months ago by re-inserting the Verizon SIM card and doing the necessary changes with my mobile network for my phone to recognize the Verizon network again. Everything seemed to go fine except that it wouldn't recognize the internet service part of Verizon. The phone (calling and texting) part worked fine but it kept saying that the "Blackberry Internet Service" and the "Blackberry Enterprise Server" were not connected even when I had 3G. Does this mean that I have to wipe my OS system again like I did when I came up to Canada for the browser and blackberry server to work?

If I take it to Verizon, will they be able to look at it even though it's unlocked or will they refuse me service?

Did anyone else have problems when they re-entered the States and tried to use their blackberry on Verizon again?

Thanks for your help!
    04-25-11 12:06 PM
    Are you currently a VZW customer? The SIM card from VZW is for use in international roaming, not on VZW's network.

In order to use the device on VZW, you will need to have your PIN released from the Canadian carrier and get a VZW BIS plan.
    04-25-11 12:12 PM
    Yes I am currently a VZW customer. And when you say that the SIM card for VZW is just for international roaming, does that mean I don't necessarily need a VZW SIM card attached to my phone and in use?

How would i go about having my PIN released from my Canadian carrier? Is a VZW BIS plan just the internet/data package plan that you must have in order to have a blackberry attached to my plan? Or is A BIS plan something different? When I tried using it a couple of months ago, I had a blackberry data package attached to my contract/plan so then that must mean I still need to have my PIN released from my Canadian plan, is that correct?
    04-25-11 01:14 PM
    Yes I am currently a VZW customer. And when you say that the SIM card for VZW is just for international roaming, does that mean I don't necessarily need a VZW SIM card attached to my phone and in use?
    That is correct. If you are a VZW customer, you can use the device on VZW without even using a SIM card.

How would i go about having my PIN released from my Canadian carrier? Is a VZW BIS plan just the internet/data package plan that you must have in order to have a blackberry attached to my plan? Or is A BIS plan something different? When I tried using it a couple of months ago, I had a blackberry data package attached to my contract/plan so then that must mean I still need to have my PIN released from my Canadian plan, is that correct?
    Yes. The BIS plan is the data plan required by VZW to use the device.

Are you still paying the data plan to VZW? If so, you should be able to contact them and have your device provisioned again.

You would need to call Rogers and tell them that you need the PIN released, since you are switching back to VZW.
    04-25-11 01:19 PM
    Thank you for you help! I am not activated at the moment on VZW because i am still in Canada but at the end of the month I will resume my service with VZW. Also, at the moment, I switched phones on Rogers so that my blackberry is not in use. Do I still need to ask them to release my PIN? Is that something they keep in their database for an infinite amount of time? And when I call them, it shouldn't be a hassle for them to release my PIN will it?
    04-25-11 01:27 PM
    Thank you for you help! I am not activated at the moment on VZW because i am still in Canada but at the end of the month I will resume my service with VZW. Also, at the moment, I switched phones on Rogers so that my blackberry is not in use. Do I still need to ask them to release my PIN? Is that something they keep in their database for an infinite amount of time? And when I call them, it shouldn't be a hassle for them to release my PIN will it?
    No. It will not be a hassle to have the PIN released. You could even call Rogers now, if you are not using the BlackBerry.

Then you will just need to contact VZW to have your device reactivated.
    04-25-11 01:28 PM
    Thank you for your help but I just called Rogers and the person I talked to said that I do not need to release my PIN from Rogers. He said that releasing the PIN would make the phone (bbm browser, etc) useless to me and render my phone unusable. He said that all I had to do was call Verizon and have them re-register my phone and set me up again. Don't know if this is the better solution or not...
    04-25-11 01:44 PM
    Thank you for your help but I just called Rogers and the person I talked to said that I do not need to release my PIN from Rogers. He said that releasing the PIN would make the phone (bbm browser, etc) useless to me and render my phone unusable. He said that all I had to do was call Verizon and have them re-register my phone and set me up again. Don't know if this is the better solution or not...
    In that case, you should just contact VZW when you are ready to start using the device again.
    04-25-11 01:46 PM
    Verizon can be very stingy when you call them! had some bad experiences with customer's calling them. depends what customer agent you get
    04-27-11 07:17 PM
    You should be good, just activate it online and you don't have to deal with anybody and they don't do anything with your pin. Then just log into verizons bis network and it should say phone is here with this pin and changed the account over, very simple.

Just when you're ready, this is verizon's bis link.
    https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw&locale=en
    04-27-11 07:23 PM
    Did you try calling Verizon? What does it say on the top right of the screen of your phone?
    04-27-11 11:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD