for some reason my bold is not letting internet get to the apps. my bold is unlocked for att. i have checked the tcp settings and have them as WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM with password CINGULAR1 (which is what i found online). for some reason gmail will work, but i cannot get the crackberry/mobihand app store to load. it gives me a "error in connection" message and says i need to check my network. any help guys?

ps i have searched the forums lol
    01-12-10 09:03 PM
    Do you have the APN set as wap.cingular Just checking since you only mentioned the username and password for APN.

You are able to register the device on the network at Options>Advanced Options>Host routing table>Menu>Register now?
    01-12-10 09:35 PM
    Yes the register now did the trick thanks a lot

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-10 09:57 PM
    Haha actually, false alarm it did not work. I forgot I had my wifi on and it fell back on that rather than data connection. Doh! Any other tricks for me to try?

01-12-10 10:10 PM
    So the only thing working is email? Have you tried to use BBM, or the web browser without wifi? Just making sure you do have a data plan correct?

Can you use the Personal email setup icon and send your service books?

Other than that unless I am just too tired you might need to call ATT and maybe your not provisioned correctly on their end.
    01-12-10 10:19 PM
    Browser and data work, but no I do not have the bb data plan. Because of this I do not have bbm, but I do have a pin. I have a general $10 data plan. When I go to service books in advanced options, all the points have check marks next to them.

01-12-10 10:37 PM
    Yeah if you do not have a data plan you are going to be SOL on a lot of things. Unless the application has the option to use only tcp/ip as connection it probably will not work even then I am not sure it would.
    01-12-10 10:42 PM
    Ok thanks for the info

01-13-10 08:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD