the Network was INACTIVE as I was informed in should. I inserted the SIM card and booted the phone up and though the sim card is recognized I can't make a call. It still says Sim card security disabled and if there is no sim card inserted it asks for one, however when I go back to the MEPD screen it says that the service is ACTIVE.

Does anyone know what I need to do to make this phone functional. I live in Grenada in the West Indies the phone was previously Verizon and I use a service down here called LIME which is associated with T-mobile in the US to an extent. I know of other people with verizon phones that work on this service.

Thank you,
    Nate E
    01-17-10 06:34 PM
    Did you unlock it?
    01-17-10 09:48 PM
    the Network was INACTIVE as I was informed in should. I inserted the SIM card and booted the phone up and though the sim card is recognized I can't make a call. It still says Sim card security disabled and if there is no sim card inserted it asks for one, however when I go back to the MEPD screen it says that the service is ACTIVE.

Does anyone know what I need to do to make this phone functional. I live in Grenada in the West Indies the phone was previously Verizon and I use a service down here called LIME which is associated with T-mobile in the US to an extent. I know of other people with verizon phones that work on this service.

Thank you,
    Nate E
    Did you enter the unlock code we had sent you when you ordered from us?
    01-17-10 11:44 PM
    Damn, only half of the post I put in the wrong forum that I copied and pasted to this forum was copied...

Yes I unlocked it and it said it unlocked successfully. The Network was marked inactive but then when back to active after I inserted the sim and restarted the phone.
    01-18-10 05:48 AM
    Damn, only half of the post I put in the wrong forum that I copied and pasted to this forum was copied...

Yes I unlocked it and it said it unlocked successfully. The Network was marked inactive but then when back to active after I inserted the sim and restarted the phone.
    Can you please tell us all you see when you go to Options/Advanced Options/SIM card and type the letters "mepd"
    01-18-10 11:36 AM
    When I boot up the phone it says "uncaught exception: wrong presence status"
    As far as the MEPD screen is concerned it says:
    ID: 89010171030100956617

Personalization:

SIM Disabled
    Network Active
    Network Subset Disabled
    Service Provider Disabled
    Corporate Disabled
    01-18-10 03:39 PM
    Sounds like you may have a java language error as well

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-10 03:45 PM
    Well what should I do?
    01-18-10 04:31 PM
    Well what should I do?
    Which SIM card do you want to use with the phone?
    01-18-10 05:24 PM
    Im using a LIME (C&W aka Cable & Wireless) Sim card with the phone. I think it would work fine if the Network read Inactive as it should. How do I get it to do that if I already unlocked the phone. Should I reenable the security and then try to disable it again with the code?
    01-18-10 05:31 PM
    Im using a LIME (C&W aka Cable & Wireless) Sim card with the phone. I think it would work fine if the Network read Inactive as it should. How do I get it to do that if I already unlocked the phone. Should I reenable the security and then try to disable it again with the code?
    Lime SIM card will not work in the phone. LIME uses 1900 frequency and the 8830 is only capable of GSM 900 / 1800 on GSM.

You might be able to use Digicel if they still operate on the GSM 900/1800.

Which country are you in?

As informed earlier, some 8830/Tours/Storms have a software issue, where the phone after being unlocked will still show "Active or Enabled" but are in fact unlocked. The only way is to try with a compatible SIM card.
    01-18-10 05:35 PM
    Yeah it finds the digicel frequency down here. So I'm basically screwed since I use LIME. I'm in Grenada. I was trying to manually find the correct frequency but you're saying that won't work. Damn.
    01-18-10 05:43 PM
    I have the 8830WE from Verizon CDMA and want to use it on Digicel in the Caribbean. Used MFI to try unlocking GSM but phone only identifies the network correctly but still does not work. When phone boots it still says "Insert SIM card" Signal says SOS. When I type MEPD in the SIM it says -
    SIM Diabled
    Network Active
    Network Subset Disabled
    Corporate Disabled

Need help URGENTLY.
    11-19-11 04:54 PM
    1. MFI multiloader is illegal software.
    2. "Network Active" means that the device is locked. You need to purchase or obtain an unlock code in order to unlock the GSM side of the device.
    3. That device does not have GSM bands that work in North America. What frequencies does Digicel use in the Caribbean?
    11-19-11 05:09 PM
    You will need to unlock it.
    11-19-11 06:53 PM
    Hi Datsys,

Yes, you will need to unlock it,

Just make sure your 8830 has the same network bands that your network in the Caribbean uses.

Cheers,

James

I have the 8830WE from Verizon CDMA and want to use it on Digicel in the Caribbean. Used MFI to try unlocking GSM but phone only identifies the network correctly but still does not work. When phone boots it still says "Insert SIM card" Signal says SOS. When I type MEPD in the SIM it says -
    SIM Diabled
    Network Active
    Network Subset Disabled
    Corporate Disabled

Need help URGENTLY.
    11-20-11 09:12 PM
    My verizon 8830 we, switches the network off after a about 30 seconds.
    It works fine once the network is on. I can make and receive calls but after a few seconds it goes off. The network never stays on.

Can anyone out there help me?
    12-23-11 04:24 PM
    Are you on Verizon?
    How long have you had the device?
    Has it always do this?
    12-23-11 05:29 PM
    It must be radio issue ... Something with the antenna .. Hardware problem.
    12-23-11 06:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD