So, some of you may have seen my other thread.

How is the 8820? WOuld i be satisfied with it for a back up phone?

And also, it is an unlocked phone. Will there be problems with an unlocked phone or should i be fine?
    12-10-09 05:50 PM
    I had an unlocked 8800 that I used for two years before recently getting the 9700. It was a great phone, and worked really well. Its slightly larger than the 8900 or 9700, but still feels good to type on and not awkward to hold. I don't have any problem switching between the 8800 and the 9700.

I'm keeping it as a back-up phone myself, and its a good thing I did too because my girlfriend dropped her curve in some water Hopefully I'll get it back before she does the same to this one haha

As far as issues with an unlocked phone, I haven't had any. I purchased an unlocked ATT phone and used it on the T-mobile network. Main thing is that the networks are compatible (ex. Can't use an ATT phone on Verizon).
    12-11-09 12:09 AM
    I had an unlocked 8800 that I used for two years before recently getting the 9700. It was a great phone, and worked really well. Its slightly larger than the 8900 or 9700, but still feels good to type on and not awkward to hold. I don't have any problem switching between the 8800 and the 9700.

I'm keeping it as a back-up phone myself, and its a good thing I did too because my girlfriend dropped her curve in some water Hopefully I'll get it back before she does the same to this one haha

As far as issues with an unlocked phone, I haven't had any. I purchased an unlocked ATT phone and used it on the T-mobile network. Main thing is that the networks are compatible (ex. Can't use an ATT phone on Verizon).
    Wow man thank you so much.

It is an ATT unlocked phone and i will use it on tmobile so it is compatible. Can i still run app world on it? And will i be able to use facebook and such?

Or should i spring the extra 150 and get the 8320? I think the 8820 would be an awesome back up phone.

I plan on getting the 9700. It seems like my dream phone. 3g. Great camera. Nice keyboard. AND A TRACKPAD!!

Unless i can find and 8520 for 250 somewhere i think ill be getting the 8320 if i can.

But ya, can i run apps and app world on the 8800?
    12-11-09 12:48 AM
    So, some of you may have seen my other thread.

How is the 8820? WOuld i be satisfied with it for a back up phone?

And also, it is an unlocked phone. Will there be problems with an unlocked phone or should i be fine?
    I have the 8820 AT&T that I bought off EBay, and have used it on Rogers here in Canada for the last 8 months. Love the phone, runs App World without a hitch, and all the other apps that you can find no problem. I will save this phone as a back-up when I get my Storm2.
    12-18-09 08:49 PM
    Its a solid back-up phone. Though, I can't see anyone using it as their main device with all of today's apps.

8820 is a very well built device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-09 06:01 PM
    Still using the 8820 as a main device and I probably will be for awhile.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-09 07:48 AM
    Hello. I've been using an unlocked Rogers 8800 for a couple of years now. I bought it on eBay and I have it connected to Vivo carrier in Brazil. It runs Twitterberry, Facebook, Windows Live Messenger and others. It was working so fine until last night when I upgraded my desktop manager. It suggested me to upgrade the device OS from 4.2 to 4.5. Since then it started to random reboot every 5 minutes. I've already deleted all third party apps. Followed the Reloaded OS on a nuked berry procedure. And nothing so far. It is still rebooting. Would someone help me fix this?
    12-22-09 09:54 PM
    It's a great device unlocked or not. Just lacks a camera on it.
    12-22-09 11:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD