Hello All...
    My husband has an unlocked (originally T-Mobile)Blackberry Curve 8300 (OS 4.2) and recently tried to upgrade the software and download the new blackberry messenger. The software update was not successful, and as a result he has lost his old blackberry messenger. He had downloaded the latest desktop manager, but is unable to reload BBM using the desktop manager because it doesn't show up on the Application List. I have been searching the forum and found no answer. Is there other way that he can get blackberry messenger back?

There have been some suggestions regarding upgrading the OS from a carrier site,but as his blackberry is unlocked and using a carrier (Batelco; we live in the Bahamas) there is no website that he can upgrade from. Is there anyway he can get BBM back without the upgrade? If so, can you help me out here?

If he does need to upgrade, can you please give me step by step instructions on how to upgrade an unlocked phone.
    It's been very frustrating for us, as we use it to communicate daily, especially when he has to work away from home, which he does A LOT.

Thanks in advance!
    09-29-09 07:11 PM
    you can go to blackberry.com and find the newest download for the 8300 and, as long as you delete the Vendor XML, you will be able to install any carrier's OS just fine.

alternatively, you can just install the current OS onto the computer and use app loader to install BBM.

there are instructions on how to upgrade the OS in the stickies in this thread
    09-29-09 07:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD