I just got my 8120 which i brought unlocked. But the data settings are locked. i think the provider was rogers. I want to unlock the data settings.Can any one help me
    01-29-10 10:45 AM
    Can you elaborate, but what you mean by being locked?
    01-29-10 11:18 AM
    I have the same issue....the phone I origianally bought was from a AT&T carrier and am now utilizing Rogers here in Canada.. I can use all the functions and features on my phone except, I cannot utilize any Apps whatsoever..I do currently have a plan with Rogers that enables me to data but cant use it...I was wonderin if I bought an unlocking code, if that would enable me to use my data like I should be able to? I would be most greatfull to hear a response, thanks
    01-31-10 05:44 PM
    I have the same issue....the phone I origianally bought was from a AT&T carrier and am now utilizing Rogers here in Canada.. I can use all the functions and features on my phone except, I cannot utilize any Apps whatsoever..I do currently have a plan with Rogers that enables me to data but cant use it...I was wonderin if I bought an unlocking code, if that would enable me to use my data like I should be able to? I would be most greatfull to hear a response, thanks
    What data plan do you have? BlackBerrys ONLY use BIS or a BES plan which are specific to BlackBerry devices.
    01-31-10 11:05 PM
    What data plan do you have? BlackBerrys ONLY use BIS or a BES plan which are specific to BlackBerry devices.
    How can I tell if Im on a BIS or a BES plan? Sorry, Im a lil new to my blackberry....please help!
    02-02-10 10:17 AM
    Since your apps don't work that's your first notice. Next would be to call your carrier of course.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-10 10:22 AM
    BIS - is access given to you by your carrier when you have added a blackberry data plan to your account
    BES - you would know if you had it because your Blackberry would be set up on it by the IT guys at your work
    02-02-10 12:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD