I just purchased an AT&T Torch and unlocked it to use it with T-Mobile. Everything is working fine besides that I don't ever have 3G service, it only runs on EDGE. What can I do to change that? Is it something I can change on the phone. I usde my reg T-Mobile bold with another sim side by side with the torch and the bold has 3G while the torch will only have EDGE.

Thanks,

Adam
    10-21-10 03:57 AM
    I just purchased an AT&T Torch and unlocked it to use it with T-Mobile. Everything is working fine besides that I don't ever have 3G service, it only runs on EDGE. What can I do to change that? Is it something I can change on the phone. I usde my reg T-Mobile bold with another sim side by side with the torch and the bold has 3G while the torch will only have EDGE.

Thanks,

Adam
    Unfortunately nothing you can do. The 9800 Torch is not compatible with the 3G frequency T-Mobile uses which is why you can only get EDGE (2G) on a 9800 using T-mobile.
    10-21-10 12:20 PM

Thanks,

Adam

Unfornately this happens to most blackberry's when you unlock them. very frustrating I know. I feel like i'm back in 2006 with my t-mobile blackberry running 2g on a different carrier.
    10-21-10 01:43 PM
    The 3G frequencies that are used by Tmobile US and Wind Mobile in Canada, are a different 3G frequency than any other carrier in North America and the rest of the world for the most part.

They decided to go out on their own with it...bad call IMHO..but to each their own
    10-21-10 07:27 PM
    You will be able to use 3G when you roam in Canada. Rogers, Telus, Bell will support it.
    10-22-10 08:24 PM

Thanks,

Adam
    Research is always important before unlocking a device to a particular network you wish to use it on.
    10-23-10 01:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD