08-30-12 09:51 PM
1,342 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    How did you pull that off? They just gave you the code? Did you go in a store or over the phone? Im wondering because my husband is getting ready to deploy to overseas and he wants to take his curve with him.

I did this over the 800 phone number via customer service.

I read your last message, please note, Unlocking your phone DOES NOT DISABLE anything.

Any features you have on a locked phone will remain usable on an unlocked phone.

Also, many others here have received the unlock code without being a customer of what ever company has locked it.

Good luck.

cheers

ap
    07-02-08 07:04 PM
    Yes you need to get a Canada sim, your phone is unlocked now so you can use any sim on it just know that you might not be able to do everything else on it ie. text, web, email.
    Right now, I can do text, web, and email on my curve and all without a data plan.

My phone is unlocked and I use a prepaid sim when ever I need to make a call.

ATT gave me the code in less than a week after I asked.
    07-02-08 07:07 PM
    I just called AT&T and they are going to send me the unlock code or I will get a call back. They gave a time of 24hrs to 10days. I will let you know how it goes and how long it will take.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-08 09:04 PM
    Is this what the screen should say after being unlocked?
    07-05-08 11:31 AM
    Is this what the screen should say after being unlocked?
    Correct. Everything should say "Disabled". Your phone is unlocked.
    07-05-08 12:32 PM
    Correct. Everything should say "Disabled". Your phone is unlocked.
    SWEET. Thanks
    07-05-08 12:40 PM
    I paid for my BB at the full price (It sucked, but hey, worth it.) so does that mean that Verizon didn't lock it?
    07-07-08 09:33 PM
    Verizon phones cannot be moved to a different network. Only gsm phones can be unlucked at this time.
    07-08-08 12:00 AM
    I got 2 unlock codes today. B/c I was traveling to China...and they have a contract w/ them I was required to add international calling. I will be deleting it upon return. Thanks for the info.
    07-08-08 11:49 AM
    Ant, you are awesome! I just called and they gave me the code while I waited, 5 mins later I'm on the Rogers network with my ATT 8310!
    Many thanks to you!
    Just wondering...does unlocking phone also unlock your PIN for BB service? You went from ATT to Rogers...were you able to use your BB service on Rogers? I'm in Indonesia at the moment and I have a Rogers 8700r (yes it's old). One of the providers here has this prepaid Blackberry service ($18 unlimited email, data service depedant on how much you have on the card) and I want to use it. I went to a paid unlock service site and was reading the disclaimer and came across the PIN issue. Did you have any issues with that when you switced to Rogers?
    07-10-08 03:15 AM
    I'm on T-mobile pp sim. Not rogers.
    07-10-08 06:16 AM
    OK, I'm a Newbie... so here is a STUPID question. What are you guys talking about with unlocking a BB? The Mexico thing is what caught my eye on this because if I go back to Mexico will I have to do this? Anyone, anyone...
    07-10-08 09:27 AM
    ..I called T-Mobile and the male rep sent the request for the unlock code without any issues and informed me that it will be sent via e-mail within 24 hrs.
    07-14-08 01:30 PM
    G'day to everyone. I'm excited about becoming a BB user as I just bought a used BB7290 in an auction. Trouble is, its locked by T mobile and I'm situated in Malaysia.

Question:
    1. Is there anyone/ place in Kuala Lumpur can help to unlock it?
    2. Does it work if someone from the states call T-mobile with my Imei no and (hopefully) get the unlock code?

Any feedback would be helpful. Cheers!
    07-15-08 04:50 AM
    hey guys how would i know if i have stolen blackberry? i bought it off a guy i know but now im suspicious. any suggestions?
    07-16-08 04:00 PM
    I just got the biggest load of crap from an AT&T CSR. He told me that because i didn't buy the phone for full retail (eBay!!), and that it wasn't the phone i started with, that he couldn't give me the code. I'm gonna call tomorrow and try again.
    07-16-08 05:55 PM
    I just got the biggest load of crap from an AT&T CSR. He told me that because i didn't buy the phone for full retail (eBay!!), and that it wasn't the phone i started with, that he couldn't give me the code. I'm gonna call tomorrow and try again.
    That is BS, they'll give it up.
    07-16-08 06:41 PM
    I'm not an ATT customer, but would like to unlock an ATT phone.

I tried the "customer service" number from the website, but just got the "uh....we don't do that" response.

Is there a particular number or option selection that is being used to get to the right folks?

Thanks
    07-17-08 08:33 AM
    That is BS, they'll give it up.
    Another one gave me the BS today saying "We're not allowed to give those out. You might want to call the manufacturer." Is there anyone else I can call for this OTHER that Customer Service?
    07-17-08 11:01 AM
    You need to specifically ask for the "subsidy unlock code" you are traveling to Italy next week and want to use the phone there.

YOU WILL GET IT!!!
    07-17-08 07:59 PM
    I just bought a BB 8310 and its for ATT and i currently have tmobile. Do i just call in att hot line and tell them that i am going on vacation in order to get the unlock code? Will att ask me to put in my sim card in order to get the code or how will it work? What is the number btw. Thanks
    07-17-08 10:12 PM
    Read posts 1-221
    07-17-08 10:47 PM
    I just called the 1800 for att and i pressed 0 for customer service i told them i was going on a business trip next friday but they asked for a cell phone number. I was using the house. Would i need to use someones phone with att in order to get it unlocked? Thanks
    07-19-08 03:32 PM
    I just called the 1800 for att and i pressed 0 for customer service i told them i was going on a business trip next friday but they asked for a cell phone number. I was using the house. Would i need to use someones phone with att in order to get it unlocked? Thanks
    Negative!! I gave them my T-mo cell # from a prepaid sim.
    07-19-08 03:34 PM
    So if i were to call again would i call on my house or tmobile number? Wont calling on my tmobile number give them some suspicions if they cant look it up on their system.
    07-19-08 03:40 PM
1,342 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD