08-30-12 09:51 PM
1,342 ... 678910 ...
tools
    oops! Never mind. thanks. I apologize that i didn't scroll down far enough. the instructions are already here.
    06-22-08 11:18 PM
    this works all the time, i've used this method for a number of phones.
    06-23-08 01:09 AM
    If I don't want to resell my phone and I don't plan on traveling overseas, are there any other reasons to unlock?
    No, in fact, you are better off not unlocking it until/if you sell it, as it is one more level of security protecting your phone if it is stolen.

If stolen, a locked phone will be completely useless to the thief.
    06-23-08 01:28 AM
    No, in fact, you are better off not unlocking it until/if you sell it, as it is one more level of security protecting your phone if it is stolen.

If stolen, a locked phone will be completely useless to the thief.
    It doesn't matter if it's unlocked. Once you report the phone stolen, it becomes pretty much worthless because the IMEI will be blacklisted, or so I've heard.

Just don't let someone steal your BlackBerry...I think there are already a few threads on that subject on here...
    06-23-08 01:35 PM
    i have a bb curve, with an unknown carrier (GSM). i want to unlock it for a tmo simcard. can someone please help me? i am new to the forum.
    06-23-08 03:19 PM
    i have read all threads in this forum topic in hopes of finding an answer to my question. i have a locked bb curve with an unknown carrier. i have a contract with tmobile. what do i have to do in order to begin the process of unlocking my phone?
    06-23-08 04:52 PM
    i have read all threads in this forum topic in hopes of finding an answer to my question. i have a locked bb curve with an unknown carrier. i have a contract with tmobile. what do i have to do in order to begin the process of unlocking my phone?
    You are certain it is a GSM phone? There is a spot behind the battery for a SIM card?

If so there are only so many carriers. When you power it on doesn't the vender logo come on the screen? There is no branding of any sort on the outside of the phone? If your Tmo card will not work then it is likely ATT if it came from the US, Rogers in Canada you will have to search for other GSM carriers. But I would just start calling the carriers and asking.
    06-23-08 05:22 PM
    thanks smurfy: the phone is NOt branded, its a GSM phone. I have tried both ATT and Tmobile simcards and both were rejected. Can you please provide a list of GSM carriers for the bb curve?
    06-23-08 06:02 PM
    thanks smurfy: the phone is NOt branded, its a GSM phone. I have tried both ATT and Tmobile simcards and both were rejected. Can you please provide a list of GSM carriers for the bb curve?
    Was this an Ebay purchase?

You might be better off to pay for the unlock, there are several services. Search the forums.
    Last edited by Smurfy71; 06-23-08 at 06:55 PM.
    06-23-08 06:50 PM
    no, it was not. it was from flipswap.com
    06-23-08 06:54 PM
    I just had mine unlocked the other day.
    Called TMO and told them that I am going oversees.
    Took them less than 24 hours to send me unlock code.
    What a customer satisfaction.
    06-23-08 06:56 PM
    I have used my cell phones in other countries before without unlocking my phone. the company knew where I was.

Also once I got to the country, my phone adopted the countries service.

So I actually have no reason to unlock a phone.

I do have some questions though.

1. If i unlock my phone while I'm with at&t will i be able to have insurance on my phone?

2. Will customer service be able to help me if my phone is having issues?
    06-23-08 07:22 PM
    SIM unlocking will in no way effect your insurance.
    SIM unlocking will in no way effect customer service's ability.

SIM unlocking only allows your device to accept other carrier's SIMs.
    06-23-08 08:20 PM
    I have not seen this question asked so-

When you unlock it does it also unlock the themes?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-08 10:38 PM
    I called AT&T at about 11:45 am to get them to unlock my 8310 and they asked my a bunch of questions:

Who is the phone branded by? AT&T
    Did you pay full retail?- No
    How did you get the phone? AT&T Store new contract, Full Retail no contract, online auction, or friend.- AT&T Store new contract
    Why are you requesting the unlock code?- International travel

Then the guy, John, told me about the international roaming plans and then he asked-

What countries would I be traveling to?- I told them Italy, France, and England.

He then told me that i would have to add on the International Features because they have con tracts with those countries. I asked him if they cost anything and he told me that the Basic Feature did not.

He went on to tell me that I he would transfer me to International Customer Care so that I could add the feature.
    John also setup a Call Back for 1:30 to make sure that they added the feature and to give me the code.

After being transfered they added the feature.

It was just a waiting game after that. So I decide to write this for all my fellow CRACK ADDICTS!

While I was writing this a lady ended up calling me at 12:20 and was confirming it all. After she did, she got my IMEI number and gave me the number right then. She also gave me the instructions on how to do it although I am sure the are here on CrackBerry.

SO LETS SEE IF IT WORKS...

IT DID!!! AWESOME

06-24-08 01:09 PM
    What countries would I be traveling to?- I told them Italy, France, and England.

He then told me that i would have to add on the International Features because they have contracts with those countries. I asked him if they cost anything and he told me that the Basic Feature did not.
    I never heard anything about having to add a feature like that. I wonder if the CSR knew what the heck he/she was talking about. If you use a prepaid SIM overseas, it has nothing to do with your service with AT&T. I got the unlock code right over the phone, and that's all I needed. Took me about a minute to unlock my phone...no worries...
    06-24-08 01:45 PM
    If and when I unlock my phone and go overseas and insert a pp sim from a local carrier will my calls to the US be cheaper than with my international plan? Or is this only desirable for calls with in that country?

My reason is when I do travel for work a majority of my calls are to the US.
    06-30-08 05:49 PM
    If and when I unlock my phone and go overseas and insert a pp sim from a local carrier will my calls to the US be cheaper than with my international plan? Or is this only desirable for calls with in that country?

My reason is when I do travel for work a majority of my calls are to the US.
    Absolutely!! US carriers have never been able to compete with Int calls and I don't see that changing anytime soon.
    06-30-08 08:32 PM
    Absolutely!! US carriers have never been able to compete with Int calls and I don't see that changing anytime soon.
    So that solves that. Ill be contacting Tmo soon to unlock. Thanks
    Last edited by jrau13; 07-02-08 at 03:17 AM.
    07-01-08 02:03 AM
    Hey guys, ........ I got AT&T to give me the unlock code.... but now what do i do?.... Im going to be in Canada for 2 months (toronto and montreal)... do i need to get a sim card from a carrier in canada? blackberry pearl
    07-01-08 09:22 PM
    I Have Been Trying To Unlock My Blackberry Curve 8310 For A Week Now The Carrier Is At&t Can Some One Please Help
    07-02-08 10:48 AM
    How Long Have You Been With At&t, I Need Code To Unlock Blackberry Curve
    07-02-08 10:50 AM
    Then the guy, John, told me about the international roaming plans and then he asked-

He then told me that i would have to add on the International Features because they have con tracts with those countries. I asked him if they cost anything and he told me that the Basic Feature did not.

While I was writing this a lady ended up calling me at 12:20 and was confirming it all. After she did, she got my IMEI number and gave me the number right then. She also gave me the instructions on how to do it although I am sure the are here on CrackBerry.

SO LETS SEE IF IT WORKS...

IT DID!!! AWESOME

Ya they just require that for some stupid reason. But hey its free and it doesn't hurt anything, all it does is ALLOW you, if you want, to use your phone internationally.

07-02-08 11:12 AM
    I was going by my personal recent experience.

I paid 4 services to unlock my 8310.

Every single one failed.

I then called att. I am not, and never was an att customer.

They emailed me the code in a week.
    How did you pull that off? They just gave you the code? Did you go in a store or over the phone? Im wondering because my husband is getting ready to deploy to overseas and he wants to take his curve with him.

07-02-08 12:05 PM
    Yes you need to get a Canada sim, your phone is unlocked now so you can use any sim on it just know that you might not be able to do everything else on it ie. text, web, email.
    07-02-08 12:08 PM
1,342 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD