08-30-12 08:51 PM
1,342 ... 45678 ...
tools
    you think it'll work if i call from a house phone?
    05-24-08 01:31 PM
    Just to let everyone know, if you don't have their international roaming service it's easier to just call their general assistance line. They ask a lot fewer questions
    05-24-08 03:01 PM
    you think it'll work if i call from a house phone?
    I called ATT from my house phone, as a NON customer.

The emailed the code in a week.
    05-24-08 05:52 PM
    I called ATT from my house phone, as a NON customer.

The emailed the code in a week.
    cool, i actually just called in and asked for the uncode code and i got it within 2 minutes. thanks!
    05-24-08 10:54 PM
    EDIT: found the customer service number
    05-25-08 10:16 AM
    I am updating my last reply for unlock codes from t-mo w/ no active acct. I just received email from t-mo and unlocked my BB pearl. It worked like a charm and i received the unlock code in less than 24 hrs. I am now using my pearl w/ At&t sim card. So for everyone that thinks you need a active acct. in good standing (90 days+) that is not true, my t-mo acct. was closed and i even owe $ for not fulfilling my contract obligations.
    05-25-08 10:39 AM
    I called at&t for the unlock code...just said I was traveling internationally for the next 2 months, had spoken with someone before that said I'd have to call back and get a code to enter....and got the code w/i 2 minutes.

They also sent me an email with directions on how to get everything going, very helpful!

In less than 10 minutes I have everything working and my GoSim card is ready to head out to China with me on Wednesday!
    05-25-08 04:57 PM
    Excellent!!!
    05-25-08 06:17 PM
    Question: I have Verizon Pearl and since it's CDMA I would not need to unlock it since there is no sim to use abroad. I would not be able to use it in Europe. Is this correct?
    05-25-08 06:47 PM
    Question: I have Verizon Pearl and since it's CDMA I would not need to unlock it since there is no sim to use abroad. I would not be able to use it in Europe. Is this correct?
    Yes, Europe is on the GSM system as far as I know.
    05-25-08 08:02 PM
    Well I just called AT&T and the first support guy said he couldn't unlock it and said he'd transfer to me to Blackberry's support and I ended up at Palm's support.

I called back and the next representative immediately took me through the process and said she'd have to have it emailed to me. So don't give up if one person doesn't let you have it guys!
    05-26-08 12:10 PM
    I have a tmobile 8320 curve which I got from tmobile which is locked but why would I want it unlocked? should I unlock it?
    05-26-08 01:57 PM
    I just sent Vodafone NL a mail asking to get me the unlock code for my 8310.
    After 1,5 hours I got the code back by mail. I now have an unlocked BB Curve 8310.

I must admit we have a corp. contract with Vodafone.
    Normally they would ask 50 euro but this time it was for free!
    05-27-08 06:06 AM
    Theman: You don't have to get your phone unlocked, but it's handy since you can use other carriers sim cards. It's best for those leaving their provider's country or people with a phone from a different carrier
    05-27-08 10:04 AM
    I just sent Vodafone NL a mail asking to get me the unlock code for my 8310.
    After 1,5 hours I got the code back by mail. I now have an unlocked BB Curve 8310.

I must admit we have a corp. contract with Vodafone.
    Normally they would ask 50 euro but this time it was for free!
    Perfect!!!
    05-27-08 07:53 PM
    does rogers do this for free as well? does anyone know?
    05-28-08 05:04 PM
    does rogers do this for free as well? does anyone know?
    I thought I read someone who did get it from R.
    05-28-08 08:25 PM
    Thanks ant17 for the info. Will have to get a prepaid one next time.
    05-28-08 09:33 PM
    I just called the US ATT 800 number and got TWO unlock codes. My recent Moto L2 and my current 8310.

Got them both from the lady right then and there. Told them international use BUT they never actually asked why lol.

I'm selling the L2 and now I can offer it unlocked and I figured while I had her on the line I might as well get the 8310.

Now about using a different SIM ...... let's say you're in Rome with your US spec BB and its unlocked.

I just mosey on over to the Vodafone kiosk and get .............. what exactly? And can I use my same number?

05-29-08 10:37 AM
    Now about using a different SIM ...... let's say you're in Rome with your US spec BB and its unlocked.

I just mosey on over to the Vodafone kiosk and get .............. what exactly? And can I use my same number?

very good question... I'd love to know as well
    05-29-08 11:26 AM
    I just called the US ATT 800 number and got TWO unlock codes. My recent Moto L2 and my current 8310.

Got them both from the lady right then and there. Told them international use BUT they never actually asked why lol.

I'm selling the L2 and now I can offer it unlocked and I figured while I had her on the line I might as well get the 8310.

Negative!!! The number will be different, which ever the sim is.

The good point is you'll pay a fraction of the cost vs using your own provider.
    05-29-08 08:50 PM

Your buying a pp sim, which is carded on a credit card size plastic.

The sim pops off of it and into your phone.
    05-29-08 08:51 PM
    Tmobile is 90 days and will get in about 24 hours. non customers can get it but unlocked but are restrictions
    05-29-08 09:19 PM
    umm i called verizon they transfered me to the dept that handles there world plan and i told them i was going to be going over seas and she gave it to me within 3 mins...
    05-29-08 09:25 PM
    Just a reminder.

DON'T PAY ANYONE IT'S FREE!!! To unlock.
    06-08-08 07:06 PM
1,342 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD