08-30-12 09:51 PM
1,342 ... 525354
tools
    Wow, ok so I just received my verizon-locked blackberry and wanted to use it with different sim from other provider. So I called their CS, pretending that I want to use the phone abroad then she asked my IMEI number and "ok, I will give you the code now". I was like "now? really?". And she gave me the unlock code and now my phone is unlocked. Reading this thread I thought I'm gonna have to wait at least a couple of days or a week but I got it in less than 5 minutes. Thanks to OP for the tip. You guys should probably try this too before considering of paying an unlock code.
    02-28-11 07:38 AM
    thanks for sharing your experience buddy
    02-28-11 11:43 AM
    Wow, ok so I just received my verizon-locked blackberry and wanted to use it with different sim from other provider. So I called their CS, pretending that I want to use the phone abroad then she asked my IMEI number and "ok, I will give you the code now". I was like "now? really?". And she gave me the unlock code and now my phone is unlocked. Reading this thread I thought I'm gonna have to wait at least a couple of days or a week but I got it in less than 5 minutes. Thanks to OP for the tip. You guys should probably try this too before considering of paying an unlock code.

Yes that's a great idea! depending on who you talk to you may get it instantly!! especially if you play it off like your going overseas
    02-28-11 06:06 PM
    Are sprint blackberry curve models capable of being unlocked? 8530's
    05-06-11 10:08 PM
    Yes they are.
    05-06-11 10:27 PM
    Yes they are.
    Thank You for the quick response,

I own a 8530 and am wondering if unlocking/flashing is the same for this phone?

I would like to make it work with metro PCS. How would I go about doing this? I saw the price on unlockusa.com is that the only thing I am going to need?
    "How to remove "Activation Required" words or flash Sprint to MetroPCS / Cricket with MSL/SPC code for all Sprint Blackberry"

what is a reasonable price to pay for this service?
    05-06-11 10:34 PM
    Thank You for the quick response,

I own a 8530 and am wondering if unlocking/flashing is the same for this phone?

I would like to make it work with metro PCS. How would I go about doing this? I saw the price on unlockusa.com is that the only thing I am going to need?
    "How to remove "Activation Required" words or flash Sprint to MetroPCS / Cricket with MSL/SPC code for all Sprint Blackberry"

what is a reasonable price to pay for this service?
    CDMA phones such as 8530 can't be unlocked but actually be flashed. Unlocking a GSM device enables you to use it with another GSM SIM card by simply swapping the SIM card. Because CDMA phones only such as the 8530 don't have SIM card slots, in order to be able to use them with another CDMA provider they need to be flashed.

That being said, you also need to make sure the CDMA provider you plan on switching to allows you to register the ESN on their Network, for example Verizon will not let you activate a Sprint phone on their Network.

In your case if you plan on using a Verizon 8530 on Metro PCS you will need to visit a local Metro PCS store that does flashing or you can also find some help on Craigslist.

One thing you should know is that although possible to use a Verizon phone on Metro PCS, BBM and Native email will not work.
    05-09-11 05:35 PM
    you can simply go to FreeMyBlackBerry.com to unlock your blackberry ...FREE
    05-11-11 01:32 PM
    thanks stitch
    05-11-11 02:47 PM
    Yes they can be unlocked.
    05-13-11 01:50 PM
    Unlocking only applies to GSM. When the phone is CDMA only it needs to be flashed and the new provider needs to have an open ESN policy.

8530 is a CDMA phone only..no sim card slot.
    Last edited by cellunlocknet; 05-16-11 at 10:48 AM.
    05-13-11 01:52 PM
    Ok so since my blackberry curve 8530 is cdma it needs to be flashed. so if i was to pay for any unlocking service it would be useless?/pointless?
    05-16-11 01:07 AM
    Ok so since my blackberry curve 8530 is cdma it needs to be flashed. so if i was to pay for any unlocking service it would be useless?/pointless?
    Yes, and even if it were a sim phone, unlocking can be done for free, see post #1.
    05-16-11 06:22 AM
    Which provider are you wanting to use it with?
    05-16-11 10:47 AM
    you will have to go somewhere locally and have them flash it. costs more but it can be done.
    05-20-11 09:11 PM
    if i unlock it, will i still have to flash the phone to cricket? if i want to be with them??
    06-16-12 02:04 AM
    I have read this entire thread til my eyes are rolling. Please oh please someone tell me how to get the unlock code FREE for my BB curve 8520. If anyone has downloaded the app that calculates (which is free) please PM me and I will give you the info to calculate. I don't have a computer, just my other phone. Please.
    08-30-12 09:51 PM
1,342 ... 525354
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD