08-30-12 08:51 PM
1,342 ... 51525354
tools
    not all carriers give the code no matter how long you've been with them. here in the DR it is locked down. i have a friend traveling to the states and she need to unlock her BB8300. can any of you help for FREE for real!!!!!
    Last edited by El Bori; 12-20-10 at 01:03 PM.
    12-20-10 12:48 PM
    yes somtimes you can call your carrier and request but they take FOREVER to get back to you. other times you ge it in minutes depends on who you talk to and how stubborn they are! ha
    12-20-10 12:53 PM
    yes somtimes you can call your carrier and request but they take FOREVER to get back to you. other times you ge it in minutes depends on who you talk to and how stubborn they are! ha
    what do you say for FREE for real???
    12-20-10 01:05 PM
    ya i spose pm me your details.
    El Bori likes this.
    12-20-10 01:15 PM
    Unlocks are $9. You really have to beg for it for free?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-10 01:28 PM
    Unlocks are $9. You really have to beg for it for free?

sometimes i feel like screaming this at the top of lungs! haha. but other times, just gotta show some love
    El Bori likes this.
    12-20-10 01:50 PM
    sometimes i feel like screaming this at the top of lungs! haha. but other times, just gotta show some love
    i want to officialy thank you. it is good, right and justice to just sometimes show a little love, again THANK YOU...
    12-22-10 09:43 AM
    If you have an account with the carrier your phone is from, always try calling them before (no luck if you're in Canada) or you can also have one of us unlockers here help you unlock your Blackberry.
    12-22-10 09:53 AM
    Thanks ant17! You were 100% correct. I dropped my T-mobile 8900 and didn't want to upgrade. My friend gave me his ATT&T 8900 after he switched carriers.

I called AT&T (I have never been a mobile customer of AT&T) and not only was the CS rep super nice, she walked me through the entire unlocking process! She had me type in those MEP or whatever codes, and the unlock code. Then, she had me put my Tmobile SIM in and test it!

Here is how the conversation went.
    Me: I need the unlock code for a BB 8900
    ATT: Where did you get the phone
    Me: My friend gave it to me
    ATT: Do you have an ATT number
    Me: No, can I unlock the phone and use it with my Tmobile SIM card?
    ATT: Yes, what is your name and Tmobile number (then she walked me though the process).

On the phone for maybe 10 minutes and I never said I was going to Italy.....

Thanks!!
    01-04-11 09:44 AM
    sometimes it can be that easy!
    01-04-11 12:10 PM
    Thanks ant17! You were 100% correct. I dropped my T-mobile 8900 and didn't want to upgrade. My friend gave me his ATT&T 8900 after he switched carriers.

I called AT&T (I have never been a mobile customer of AT&T) and not only was the CS rep super nice, she walked me through the entire unlocking process! She had me type in those MEP or whatever codes, and the unlock code. Then, she had me put my Tmobile SIM in and test it!

Here is how the conversation went.
    Me: I need the unlock code for a BB 8900
    ATT: Where did you get the phone
    Me: My friend gave it to me
    ATT: Do you have an ATT number
    Me: No, can I unlock the phone and use it with my Tmobile SIM card?
    ATT: Yes, what is your name and Tmobile number (then she walked me though the process).

On the phone for maybe 10 minutes and I never said I was going to Italy.....

Thanks!!

AT&T will no give out the code for the 9000 and 9800 because they are exclusive to them.
    01-04-11 12:47 PM
    Basically all comes down to which CS you get, but we always recommend everyone to try and get the code for free from the carrier before paying a 3rd party unlocking company like ourselves.
    01-04-11 12:49 PM
    Basically all comes down to which CS you get, but we always recommend everyone to try and get the code for free from the carrier before paying a 3rd party unlocking company like ourselves.
    well stated. most people have an opinion if that works or not but it really comes down to what cs person you get and what mood they are in :P
    01-05-11 11:57 AM
    many thanks for this.
    01-15-11 08:48 PM
    no prob! love to help
    01-16-11 10:11 PM
    I got the unlock code from AT&T a long time ago. Didn't have to pay anything. Got the code via email within minutes. I went ahead and unlocked it. At the time I was still with AT&T but unlocked it so that I could use it in Dominican Republic when I traveled there back in July.

So now I want to sell my Curve because I upgraded to the Torch. I did a device wipe. Now, what I would like to know is, Do I have to unlock the phone again since I did a hand held wipe?

Thanks.
    02-10-11 10:44 AM
    I got the unlock code from AT&T a long time ago. Didn't have to pay anything. Got the code via email within minutes. I went ahead and unlocked it. At the time I was still with AT&T but unlocked it so that I could use it in Dominican Republic when I traveled there back in July.

So now I want to sell my Curve because I upgraded to the Torch. I did a device wipe. Now, what I would like to know is, Do I have to unlock the phone again since I did a hand held wipe?

Thanks.
    Great to hear! No don't worry, unlocking is permanent so a device wipe or even OS Upgrade/Downgrade will never relock the phone.
    02-10-11 10:47 AM
    No once unlocked it is forever with blackberries
    02-10-11 10:47 AM
    WOW, talk about quick replies,,,thanks guys. That's why I LUV crackberry.com
    02-10-11 10:50 AM
    we all luv it...
    02-11-11 04:49 AM
    WOW, talk about quick replies,,,thanks guys. That's why I LUV crackberry.com
    Always a pleasure! That's what we're here for
    02-11-11 01:39 PM
    AT&T will no give out the code for the 9000 and 9800 because they are exclusive to them.
    I guess my question is answered. I was gonna ask if I could call ATT to get the unlock code for my Torch, like I did for my old Curve 8310. Got the Torch about 3 weeks ago or so.

02-13-11 09:51 AM
    I guess my question is answered. I was gonna ask if I could call ATT to get the unlock code for my Torch, like I did for my old Curve 8310. Got the Torch about 3 weeks ago or so.

Always worth a try...if not we will gladly help you unlock it.
    02-13-11 10:18 AM

you have a lot better chance if you tell them your going overseas. don't tell them your using it on another network in your own country. if they don't give it to you us, cellunlock, freethisberry or others can help you get you the unlock code in minutes.
    02-13-11 01:59 PM
    Por lo menos en el Caso de Venezuela... Ninguna Operadora, da el Cdigo.

Debemos comprarlo a Terceros
    02-25-11 09:29 PM
1,342 ... 51525354
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD