08-30-12 09:51 PM
1,342 ... 4950515253 ...
tools
    Any luck getting it from ATT?
    05-22-10 02:57 PM
    That doesn't make sense. If it's an ATT phone and is going to be used with their network, it doesn't need unlocking.
    Sometimes these CSR don't even know what they are talking about and try to feed anything to the customer just to get them off the line
    05-23-10 12:37 AM
    Sometimes these CSR don't even know what they are talking about and try to feed anything to the customer just to get them off the line
    Say you are going to cancel your AT&T service and see what happens
    05-23-10 10:42 AM
    Example;

You buy an locked phone(to att) on ebay and would like to have T-mobil service or prepaid.

You would need to call att and ask for the subsidy unlock code.

If you buy a prepaid sim to use, your phone number would be on that sim.

If you decided you rather have a phone plan and or data plan, the company you chose will sell you the sim to accomplish this,unless you already have the sim.

Ok here's a question. I understand everything abt unlocking, so here's my question. Does verizon bb storm have sims card in it? If so how would I get it put on a carrier that doesn't use sims cards? Pm the info plz

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-10 04:00 PM
    It would have to be flashed and the carrier would have to be willing to add the esn to their database which most don't.

05-31-10 04:04 PM
    Less headache to simply get a phone from the provider you wish to use if they are CDMA.
    05-31-10 10:44 PM
    i bought a blackberry storm and have att, i called att and the dude looked up the imei number but said since it was a verizon phone he couldnt find it, i called verizon and bssed about being deployed but they said the phone had to be active for them to generate the subsidy unlock code. What should i do?
    06-02-10 04:21 PM
    i bought a blackberry storm and have att, i called att and the dude looked up the imei number but said since it was a verizon phone he couldnt find it, i called verizon and bssed about being deployed but they said the phone had to be active for them to generate the subsidy unlock code. What should i do?
    Yes that usually a requirement. You need to have an account with them and the phone has to be active on their network.

You other option is to get a code from one of us unlockers here or to try and win one in the giveaway section.

Let us know if we can be of any help.
    06-02-10 04:23 PM
    When u say unlock your BB and never pay again are you referring to the data package...thanks

06-02-10 05:48 PM
    No the poster meant that you can get the unlock code for free from your provider. Certain requirements apply and not all providers will give them out.
    06-02-10 08:17 PM
    Hi, I'm totally new to BB and I've been so attracted to BB.
    I'm now planning to buy Bold 9650. I know currently Bold 9650 is offered only by Sprint, however, I live outside the States.

Is it possible to get Bold 9650 from eBay or somewhere else and use it outside the Sates? It seems the one offered by Sprint is unlocked but I don't know if I have to activate the phone or not when I use it for the first time. I know the phone is offered with 2-year contract basically.
    06-05-10 03:00 PM
    Hi, I'm totally new to BB and I've been so attracted to BB.
    I'm now planning to buy Bold 9650. I know currently Bold 9650 is offered only by Sprint, however, I live outside the States.

Is it possible to get Bold 9650 from eBay or somewhere else and use it outside the Sates? It seems the one offered by Sprint is unlocked but I don't know if I have to activate the phone or not when I use it for the first time. I know the phone is offered with 2-year contract basically.
    Both Verizon and Sprint sell the 9650 actually. It will work just fine outside of the US. Some stores may sell it outright others will not.
    06-05-10 03:03 PM
    Yes you can use with any GSM carrier. Just put in active sim card and change network settings.
    06-05-10 03:03 PM
    Thanks a lot for the prompt replies!

So I can use Bold 9650 provided by Sprint/Verizon/Other operators without contract with them outside the States? Can I activate the phone without any problems when I use one for the first time?
    06-06-10 10:12 AM
    Not known yet if Verizon Bold comes unlocked like Sprint. Once unlocked you can use on any GSM carrier worldwide out of box with no activation needed with original carrier.
    06-06-10 11:12 AM
    Thanks a lot for the prompt replies!

So I can use Bold 9650 provided by Sprint/Verizon/Other operators without contract with them outside the States? Can I activate the phone without any problems when I use one for the first time?
    Sprint 9650's are unlocked. Verizon 9650's are locked devices. None require to be active on the branded carrier for you to use on GSM networks. If you choose to purchase one at a retail location they may in fact require you to get one with their service.
    06-06-10 11:15 AM
    Points taken. Thanks
    06-06-10 12:00 PM
    You can always count on the members here to help you out
    06-06-10 12:02 PM
    tried calling Rogers to unlock my BB9000 but they told me they don't have unlock codes. Now i gotta pay ppl to unlock. Anyone idea where i can get them unlock codes from?
    06-20-10 04:28 AM
    PM me I can get one code quick. Or email me!
    06-20-10 09:27 AM
    tried calling Rogers to unlock my BB9000 but they told me they don't have unlock codes. Now i gotta pay ppl to unlock. Anyone idea where i can get them unlock codes from?
    Unfortunately Rogers will never give the codes out. We can help you unlock your Blackberry.
    06-20-10 11:13 AM
    in the end i used cellunlocknet. not tryin to advertise them or anything. managed to unlock my bold 9000. cheers!
    06-20-10 11:33 PM
    in the end i used cellunlocknet. not tryin to advertise them or anything. managed to unlock my bold 9000. cheers!
    Glad to hear! Enjoy your unlocked Blackberry.
    06-21-10 12:05 AM
    Paid too much!
    06-21-10 07:33 AM
    Paid too much!
    You don't even know what they paid...could have been regular price, could have been a special price like most of us work out sometimes
    06-21-10 08:24 AM
1,342 ... 4950515253 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD