08-30-12 08:51 PM
1,342 ... 34567 ...
tools
    this post is NOT for canadians. reason being...cuz no company in canada will give you the unlock code. one more reason Canadian wireless providers suck
    04-24-08 10:50 PM
    this thread is redundant its a constant circle of "what are the benefits of unlocking your phone?" and then 10 people explaining it lol
    04-26-08 09:36 PM
    Hello, I have a BB 8310. It's with a smaller company called Centennial Wireless. I contacted them twice, and both times I was told they do NOT release their BB's from their company. Any advice to go around them? Will any code work? I called a few outside sources but they haven't responded yet.

YBM
    05-05-08 06:22 PM
    this thread is redundant its a constant circle of "what are the benefits of unlocking your phone?" and then 10 people explaining it lol
    Absolutely NOT. It's about unlocking your phone free! READ!
    05-05-08 06:47 PM
    Hello, I have a BB 8310. It's with a smaller company called Centennial Wireless. I contacted them twice, and both times I was told they do NOT release their BB's from their company. Any advice to go around them? Will any code work? I called a few outside sources but they haven't responded yet.

YBM
    If you are not under contract with a free phone from them, they can be civilly liable for NOT providing the unlock code.

Tell them your going to Italy next week and want to use a pp sim there.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its
    limits." Albert Einstein
    Last edited by ant17; 05-05-08 at 06:52 PM.
    05-05-08 06:50 PM
    thats true cause i called my provider and there email the code for me in less that 24hrs even if you are not with them you can call then and they will still end it to you
    05-05-08 06:52 PM
    Yes, I called ATT and I was never their customer, a week later I had it FREE!!!
    05-05-08 06:54 PM

YBM
    Sorry for the lateness of this reply. Are you absolutely positive your phone is locked? My daughter's 8700g from centennial is unlocked. Since their phones are unbranded I am presuming most of them are also unlocked as hers is.

Good Luck.
    05-22-08 11:03 AM
    I have a 8310 from Centennial as well. They said they did not know the unlock number or how to get it. Even the supervisor lied about it. ATT and Tmobile may be easy to get the number but not these people. Most 3rd party companies won't even cover Centennial codes. How do I unlock mine?

IMEI: 359315013784623
    Centennial Wireless
    chtross@sbcglobal.net

Peg,
    Many of their phones were unlocked, but they have started locking all their phones except the 2 that are really pricey and not normally sold in the US.
    05-22-08 05:07 PM
    y wait a week wen u can come on here and get it done in 5 mins
    05-22-08 06:09 PM
    Hi all,

I have an AT&T-locked BlackBerry, but I don't have their international roaming service. I tried to get it unlocked, but they refused to do so because I don't have that service. If I call the general support number will they do it for me?
    05-22-08 08:05 PM
    Hi all,

I have an AT&T-locked BlackBerry, but I don't have their international roaming service. I tried to get it unlocked, but they refused to do so because I don't have that service. If I call the general support number will they do it for me?
    I didn't have att service either,they unlocked mine.

They'll do it for you.
    05-22-08 08:25 PM
    You bought it off of Ebay END OF STORY!!!!

They will know from the IMEI if its stolen.

They did ask where I bought it, I said ebay.
    This raising an interesting notion. I bought my 8310 off ebay, I would like to think it is not stolen, but I don't know for certain...... What if I call to have it unlocked and they tell me it's stolen and they won't do it? Now I have the knowledge, and a conscious. I'm not certain I could then keep the stolen phone?
    05-22-08 08:55 PM
    This raising an interesting notion. I bought my 8310 off ebay, I would like to think it is not stolen, but I don't know for certain...... What if I call to have it unlocked and they tell me it's stolen and they won't do it? Now I have the knowledge, and a conscious. I'm not certain I could then keep the stolen phone?
    Its most likely NOT stolen. The imei would have been reported and render your phone useless.

Mine was a brand new titanium curve 8310 NIB I got for $150
    05-22-08 09:36 PM
    With ATT just let them know you are travelling internationally and they just need the IMEI from your phone and they can check in their system if the subsidy unlock code is there. Generally it is there, if not then they fill out a form and it can take a few days to get the code. They say they will email or call you with the code but usually they don't, you have to call to find out and it's just noted on the acct what the unlock code is.
    05-22-08 10:38 PM
    Hi all,

With ATT ff you have three months of tenure with no service interruptions, ie: non pay suspends then you can have the rep add the roaming service. There are certain ones to chose from, you can just pick the one that costs nothing to have monthly, you'll only pay if you use your sim in another country. Call their International Care department (do a search on their website for the #) and they can add it for you. If you have less than three months tenure or a service interruption within the last three months they will send you to a different department and they go through a verification process and might be able to add it. Once you have the roaming feature added then you can request the phone be unlocked because you do qualify. I hope that helps!
    05-22-08 10:44 PM
    You bought it off of Ebay END OF STORY!!!!

They will know from the IMEI if its stolen.

They did ask where I bought it, I said ebay.

It's difficult for the rep to find out if it's stolen. The reality is that there are so many phones and they way they have to check will make it take a very long time. Many reps don't even bother checking because it's so time consuming.
    05-22-08 10:53 PM
    Ant, you are awesome! I just called and they gave me the code while I waited, 5 mins later I'm on the Rogers network with my ATT 8310!
    Many thanks to you!
    05-23-08 12:53 PM
    I dont understand what unlocking your bbb means? I got mine through AT&T is there something I need to do and what are you unlocking?
    05-23-08 01:32 PM
    Ant, you are awesome! I just called and they gave me the code while I waited, 5 mins later I'm on the Rogers network with my ATT 8310!
    Many thanks to you!
    Excellent!!!!
    05-23-08 07:42 PM
    AT&T will sometimes make an exception to the 90 day rule. They provided my unlock code over the phone and I had only been with them for one week. I do travel to Europe and told them that I needed to unlock for international travel.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-08 10:19 PM
    AT&T will sometimes make an exception to the 90 day rule. They provided my unlock code over the phone and I had only been with them for one week. I do travel to Europe and told them that I needed to unlock for international travel.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I was never with ATT EVER! They emailed mine in a week.
    05-23-08 10:28 PM
    how are you guys getting the code? are you just calling in to at&t? which number are you guys calling? what do you tell them when yu're calling in? thanks!
    05-24-08 11:03 AM
    FYI - Moved this Thread form the Curve Forum to the BlackBerry Tips, How-To and FAQ forum as it's a popular topic that relates to more than just the Curve.
    05-24-08 11:13 AM
    Well i just called t-mo and i do not have a acct. with them anymore. They are emailing me the code for my bb pearl. I did not tell them that my account isn't active, I called them from a friends phone that has a active acct. with t-mo. The customer service rep. was very helpful and didn't ask any questions at all. I will keep everyone posted if I actually get it.
    05-24-08 01:12 PM
1,342 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD