08-30-12 08:51 PM
1,342 ... 4647484950 ...
tools
    Welp i have an AT&T BB curve 8310

i called att and had my unlock code in 5min.

My reasoning exactly

Hello, im heading overseas soon, my plane leaves in 2 hours and my current phone (any carrier) just broke on me, and i need to be able to check my business emails, the tech from ATT store in my mall said i can call you guys and you will provide me with some kinda code to unlock my blackberry in which i can have it activated so i can use this phone while im overseas for the time being until i can get back to get my current phone fixed,. the lady basically asked a few questions, and said heres the code. have a wonderful day.
    Congrats! Way to go!
    02-16-10 01:23 AM
    That's not true, it can be unlocked We can help you unlock it.
    That is such awesome news! I'm about to go in my first overseas trip, and can't wait to use my blackie ovrr there! Vodafone are the only network in Aus who sell the storm, I believe!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-10 03:00 PM
    If they do it for you great! If not, then let us know if you need any help with it!
    02-17-10 04:16 PM
    That is such awesome news! I'm about to go in my first overseas trip, and can't wait to use my blackie ovrr there! Vodafone are the only network in Aus who sell the storm, I believe!

Yes it is! They usually tell you that because they want you to roam with their SIM card so they charge you more. Have a safe trip!
    02-17-10 04:46 PM
    Remember, Unlock your phone free,by calling the provider.

Paying for the unlock should be the very last option, don't do it unless there's absolutely no choice.
    02-21-10 07:35 AM
    Will post here also in case you don't see it in other thread

Again...not always free. That's the whole point! But you seem more interested in hitting on unlockers instead of telling them that they might not get it for free.

We say it over and over!! but here it is again, in case you missed it in this whole mess.

If you have a Blackberry phone you need unlocked...call the provider the phone came from first and see if they can give you the code for free. If they don't, call again just in case. Note that some requirements must be met, but it's always worth a try to call them first instead of paying a 3rd party unlocker. If they do give you the code..GREAT!

If you've tried numerous and they still won't give you the code, then your only option will be to pay to unlock it. You can do it remotely online or at any local shop in your area that does unlocking.

Easiest way is online and you can buy the unlock code from any reliable unlocker here in the forums.

If you don't want to pay, you can try and win an unlock code from the numerous contests in the forums.
    02-21-10 06:29 PM
    Off topic argumentative and repetitive posts have been removed - again

The advice is clear, try the no-cost route through your service provider. If this doesn't work it may be necessary to pay for unlocking, either online or in extreme cases over the counter.
    02-21-10 07:25 PM
    A suitable cooling off period has passed. Re-opening the thread for discussion but be aware we will not tolerate fighting or harassment of other members. The Crackberry Rules apply here as much as any other forum.
    03-18-10 10:22 AM
    A suitable cooling off period has passed. Re-opening the thread for discussion but be aware we will not tolerate fighting or harassment of other members. The Crackberry Rules apply here as much as any other forum.
    Thanks!!
    03-18-10 07:50 PM
    I called Orange (FRANCE) for my unlock code for my bb curve 8520. But they answered I can't unlock it before one year!!!!
    the EMEI is 35xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Can someone help
    thanks
    03-26-10 03:17 AM
    I called Orange (FRANCE) for my unlock code for my bb curve 8520. But they answered I can't unlock it before one year!!!!
    the EMEI is 3
    Can someone help
    thanks
    We can help you unlock it, but you need to purchase a code for it.
    03-26-10 09:26 AM
    the EMEI is
    Can someone help
    thanks
    Most providers have their requirements you need meet in order for them to give you the code and some won't even give it out. Any of us unlocker here can unlock it for you.
    03-26-10 10:35 AM
    the EMEI is
    Can someone help
    thanks
    That's too bad you have to wait for a year, maybe call them again and you might get lucky and they give you the code earlier. Some members actually get their codes by calling them several times....so try few more times
    03-26-10 11:15 AM
    Just got off the phone with rogers wireless tech support. I was told that rogers does no longer give out unlocking codes, can anyone else confirm or deny this.
    03-26-10 05:10 PM
    Just got off the phone with rogers wireless tech support. I was told that rogers does no longer give out unlocking codes, can anyone else confirm or deny this.
    Unfortunately that's correct, Rogers never give out the codes and they never had.

Any of us unlockers here can help you unlock your phone.
    03-26-10 05:11 PM
    You can call the provider for the unlock code for your BB phone.

Others, and I did this even if your not a customer of that service.

They will email the code in a week or less. Some have received the code instantly.

You can do it yourself for free.

Call customer service of the locking company.

Simply ask for the "subsidy unlock code". You are traveling to Italy.

This works 100% of the time.

Definitely don't pay for an unlock!!! That's just like burning money.

Cheers
    worked for me!! Why pay!! Just ask !! Easy to do!!

03-29-10 11:40 AM

Great! The ones that pay are the customers that deal with providers that do not release unlock codes such as Rogers/Bell/Telus/Fido etc..

Even though they don't give them out, it's always worth the try to call them and ask, you might get lucky and get the code for free

Most US carriers will give you the code for free if you have an account with them.
    03-29-10 11:44 AM
    FWIW, I called AT&T on sat and got the code for my "old" bb 8900 on the spot and when I called back to get the code for my new 9700, they asked that I fax name, acct # and copy of the Order Confirmation for the purchase to the unlock code team. I sent the info on sat, got a call with the code today. Whatever else you might say about AT&T, you can't complain about their CS.
    03-29-10 04:26 PM
    FWIW, I called AT&T on sat and got the code for my "old" bb 8900 on the spot and when I called back to get the code for my new 9700, they asked that I fax name, acct # and copy of the Order Confirmation for the purchase to the unlock code team. I sent the info on sat, got a call with the code today. Whatever else you might say about AT&T, you can't complain about their CS.
    We love AT&T and wouldn't switch for anything else. Their service/cs has been great here in Miami.
    03-29-10 05:53 PM
    Awesome!! Cheers
    03-29-10 07:05 PM

Bravo!! Excellent!
    03-29-10 07:06 PM
    do they ask you for your number
    04-01-10 08:06 PM
    do they ask you for your number
    Yes, I gave them a number from another service, NOT theirs.
    04-01-10 08:07 PM
    My 2 year contract with Tmo ended in Oct 2009 and I've been using a different carrier since. I just contacted TMo via their support chat to unlock my old BB8320 and I had no issues with them at all. After a couple of odd questions like "what color is you phone?" they asked for my IMEI and then submitted my request to the unlock team. Should be 24 hours before I hear from them.

Ebay here I come...
    04-06-10 04:59 PM
    My 2 year contract with Tmo ended in Oct 2009 and I've been using a different carrier since. I just contacted TMo via their support chat to unlock my old BB8320 and I had no issues with them at all. After a couple of odd questions like "what color is you phone?" they asked for my IMEI and then submitted my request to the unlock team. Should be 24 hours before I hear from them.

Ebay here I come...
    Perfect!!!
    04-06-10 07:04 PM
1,342 ... 4647484950 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD