08-30-12 09:51 PM
1,342 ... 4445464748 ...
tools
    wassup all! I have a Blackberry bold 9000 with rogers and i'm going to finland for 3 months anyone can help me to unlock my BB?
    02-01-10 07:08 PM
    Email us or PM we can work something out.
    02-01-10 07:11 PM
    wassup all! I have a Blackberry bold 9000 with rogers and i'm going to finland for 3 months anyone can help me to unlock my BB?
    We sure can help you unlock it and we can email you the unlock code right away
    02-01-10 07:14 PM
    I am sorry if this has already been posted but I have scrubbed this thread pretty close and can't find this question. I have Verizon now, but want to go to Tmobile. Can I get Verizon to unlock this, then go to Tmobile for the Sim card and activate with them? Or do I have to have there Sim card in there for the unlock to work. Everything I am reading is that the unlock isn't really effective til you opt to use the GSM option in manage connections. But I want to make sure before I pay ETF. I don't feel confident they would give me an unlock after terminating my contract. Lol.

Oh yeah. This is a 9550 I am using.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-10 12:18 PM
    I am sorry if this has already been posted but I have scrubbed this thread pretty close and can't find this question. I have Verizon now, but want to go to Tmobile. Can I get Verizon to unlock this, then go to Tmobile for the Sim card and activate with them? Or do I have to have there Sim card in there for the unlock to work. Everything I am reading is that the unlock isn't really effective til you opt to use the GSM option in manage connections. But I want to make sure before I pay ETF. I don't feel confident they would give me an unlock after terminating my contract. Lol.

You can try never hurts to ask, but yes you must ask before you terminate the contract.
    02-02-10 06:43 PM
    More than likely they won't give you the code...but give it a shot if you have the time!

Let us know if it works out!
    02-02-10 07:07 PM

Always worth a try, if they don't give it to you then any of us reliable unlockers here can help you unlock it.

We can send you the code within minutes. Let us know if you need help.
    02-02-10 07:22 PM
    This thread totally doesn't apply to Canadians.

Woe.
    02-06-10 08:48 AM
    This thread totally doesn't apply to Canadians.

Woe.
    You are right, Canadian provider will never give the codes out to their customers.
    02-06-10 10:58 AM
    i have a bb 9700 on orange uk whats the chances of getting it unlocked off them
    02-08-10 12:02 PM
    They usually charge you and some require a month waiting period. We can unlock it for you instantly.
    02-08-10 12:04 PM
    are you using their service? then you have a higher chance. if not you willhave to get a thrid party to do it for you and pay for it.
    02-08-10 12:04 PM
    yes i am using there service hows much will it cost for the code from a unlocking company
    02-08-10 12:19 PM
    yes i am using there service hows much will it cost for the code from a unlocking company
    Just replied to your PM.
    02-08-10 12:31 PM
    You can always try, worst case they say no. If not any of us unlockers can help you here.
    02-08-10 12:56 PM
    Excellent advise! I called at&t. I left them 7 months ago. They gave me the info right over the phone! Unlocked it in minutes!!!!

Thank you!
    02-08-10 02:59 PM
    Good to hear always good to give them a call first.
    02-08-10 03:01 PM
    Excellent advise! I called at&t. I left them 7 months ago. They gave me the info right over the phone! Unlocked it in minutes!!!!

Thank you!
    Glad to hear, no need to pay us when you can get it for free , if not then we are all here to help.
    02-08-10 03:04 PM
    Lots of carriers do it for free, in which case it never hurts to call!!

If not, then there are many of us reputable unlockers on Crackberry.com that can help you!
    02-10-10 09:52 PM
    Canadian carriers will not yet but hopefully one day they decide to follow the others.
    02-11-10 04:05 PM
    We can hope...
    02-11-10 05:11 PM
    Ain't gonna happen in the near future
    02-11-10 05:13 PM
    My 9530 is currently on verizon. I have a unlock code but i need to know if i can unlock the phone and keep the verizon sim in there? Meaning will the phone still operate as it is now? Secondly when i purchase a new sim card from another carrier will i have to repeat unlock process or will i already be good to go? Sorry if this has been asked time and time again but ive never done it myself and obviously dont want to mess anything up. Any help would be greatly appreciated,thnx. Also a step by step of the unlocking process would help. Again thnx.
    02-12-10 03:57 PM
    My 9530 is currently on verizon. I have a unlock code but i need to know if i can unlock the phone and keep the verizon sim in there? Meaning will the phone still operate as it is now? Secondly when i purchase a new sim card from another carrier will i have to repeat unlock process or will i already be good to go? Sorry if this has been asked time and time again but ive never done it myself and obviously dont want to mess anything up. Any help would be greatly appreciated,thnx. Also a step by step of the unlocking process would help. Again thnx.
    Yes you can unlock it now and it will stay on Verizon. You will never need to repeat the unlock process. When you get the new SIM card, you simply need to go to Options/Mobile Network and change Technology to GSM/UMTS and select 2G.

Here are the unlock instructions:

VERIZON BlackBerry Storm 9530 & Storm 2 9550 Unlock Instructions
    Tip: Turn the phone sideways so you get the full qwerty keypad
    1. Ensure the SIM Card thatcame pre-installed in the 9530 is inserted (can also be unlocked with any Sim card)
    2. Go to 'Manage Connections'
    3. Click on 'Turn All Connections Off'
    4. Go to 'Options'
    5. Go back to 'Options'
    6. Click on 'Advanced Options'
    7. Click on 'SIM Card'
    8. Type 'MEPD' (letters will not appear on-screen but a menu will pop up)
    9. Type 'MEP2' (user will be prompted to enter MEP code)
    10. Enter the unlock code (for example '1234567890123456')
    11. Reboot device
    12. Go to 'Manage Connections'
    13. Click on 'Restore Connections'
    14. Device is now unlocked
    02-12-10 04:01 PM
    Thnx i think i know where i messed up . sorry to bounce on two threads. Apreciate your help though. im gonna try again. let me see what happens. lol . Ignore post from other thread i'll stick to this one.
    02-12-10 04:13 PM
1,342 ... 4445464748 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD