08-30-12 09:51 PM
1,342 ... 4344454647 ...
tools
    Here are the answers considering you have a Blackberry
    1. In order for you to be able to use it with Verizon, the phone needs to come from Verizon. Once unlocked you will be able to use it with any GSM carrier.

2. Yes you can but if you want to use Blackberry features such as email and bbm you will need a Blackberry Data Plan.

3.Yes you will.

4. No you will get a new number with the SIM and that will be your number when you use that SIM card.

5. Your new number will be the one of the local SIM card you get there and you will be able to make local calls.

Let us know if this answers your questions, if not feel free to ask or email us for more help.
    Thank you and the others who have replied.

What is key to my hopes was that I would be able to use this phone unlocked on Verizon. There are 7-8 people in the states I contact quite often and with their 10 person "friends & family" plan I could have unlimited calling to them, excellent coverage and the base 450 minutes would be sufficient for all else.

The other answers tell me unlocking this is worthwhile but I will need to use another carrier. From what I have read, one must use a Sprint phone on Sprint so with that T-Mobile seems worthwhile with their plus unlimited plan, the large concern is that T-Mobile looks to have spottier coverage.

Another thought, as my phone does not have wifi I would have to obtain a 8320 to get wifi.

Much now to consider.

Thank all of you for your replies.

Cheers
    01-03-10 06:40 PM
    Wrong!, why?, BB is quite versatile and options are always open, plus wifi.
    Because Blackberry was built around Push Email, PIN and BBM. So for people wanting to check their emails through a browser, IMHO there are far more versatile phones with wi-fi.

Why drive stick with left hand when you could with right hand

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-10 07:22 PM
    Because Blackberry was built around Push Email, PIN and BBM. So for people wanting to check their emails through a browser, IMHO there are far more versatile phones with wi-fi.

Why drive stick with left hand when you could with right hand

Totally non-sensical!! Not interested in other phones at the time of purchase 2 yrs ago. EVER hear of TXT????

LMFAO driving a stick with left hand, what if the car is right hand drive???

Millions of possibilities!!!
    01-03-10 10:01 PM
    Totally non-sensical!! Not interested in other phones at the time of purchase 2 yrs ago. EVER hear of TXT????

LMFAO driving a stick with left hand, what if the car is right hand drive???

Millions of possibilities!!!
    That's why I said IMHO . To each his own and whatever phone makes you happy then that's what you should get. Just an opinion!

We're in North-America here, not really right drive....the day it becomes standard maybe i'll consider....

Happy new year!

Hopefully there will be less hate in 2010
    Last edited by cellunlocknet; 01-03-10 at 10:12 PM.
    01-03-10 10:07 PM
    That's why I said IMHO. To each his own and whatever phone makes you happy then that's what you should get. Just an opinion!

We're in North-America here, not really right drive....the day it becomes standard maybe i'll consider....

Happy new year!

Hopefully there will be less hate in 2010
    None here.

Happy New Year.
    01-03-10 10:11 PM
    None here.

Happy New Year.
    Glad to hear
    Last edited by cellunlocknet; 01-03-10 at 10:15 PM.
    01-03-10 10:13 PM
    I requested an unlock code from Tmo on thursday Jan 7 and its now Monday Jan 11 and I still have not received an unlock code yet all I have so far is the confirmation email stating that I will get it if not call 14 days from the initial request. I hope it comes soon.

01-11-10 09:45 PM
    I requested an unlock code from Tmo on thursday Jan 7 and its now Monday Jan 11 and I still have not received an unlock code yet all I have so far is the confirmation email stating that I will get it if not call 14 days from the initial request. I hope it comes soon.

Hopefully it will, if not let us know, we can get it for you.
    01-11-10 10:01 PM

You should call T-mobile again now, I think they will give you the code in 1-2 days after the second call.
    01-13-10 12:26 AM

Tmo took almost a week before they emailed my unlock code.
    01-13-10 06:38 AM
    Never hurts to continue to call.
    01-13-10 04:25 PM

Let us when you get it
    01-13-10 04:33 PM
    i need help i try to unlock to many times and now i cant do it again... what can i do
    01-20-10 02:28 AM
    i need help i try to unlock to many times and now i cant do it again... what can i do
    Do you have 0 attempts left?
    01-20-10 02:51 AM
    There's no reason for them not to give your the unlock code since they have $350 penalty for early termination of agreement.
    01-23-10 01:51 PM
    There's no reason for them not to give your the unlock code since they have $350 penalty for early termination of agreement.
    True..most American carriers will give you the code for free if you have an account with them and follow the requirements.

Won't happen with Canadian carriers
    01-23-10 01:52 PM
    Sucks that the Canadian carriers are stingy with the codes!
    01-24-10 12:06 PM
    Hopefully for the consumers they will eventually follow.
    01-24-10 11:21 PM
    Three days ago i called AT&T so i could unlock an old cingular 7290 i bought on ebay, and within ten minutes i received the code over the phone. I'm not a customer.
    01-25-10 08:07 PM
    I need a code for a Bell Blackberry 8830 WE. Unlockers are welcome to PM me. Thanks.
    01-27-10 05:53 PM
    I need a code for a Bell Blackberry 8830 WE. Unlockers are welcome to PM me. Thanks.
    Hi Dash,

We can definately get it for you, but you should know that the 8830 is not going to be GSM compatible with North American carriers. It is set up to be used on GSM carriers only in Europe and Asia.

If you're still interested, you can definately process your order on our site!
    01-27-10 05:55 PM
    PM has been sent. Let us know if we can be of any help unlocking your Blackberry 8830.
    01-27-10 05:57 PM
    What if we call long distance or tool free number to ATT or TMobile and ask for unlock code? Will that work?

It costs only 2 cents per minute to call them while it costs 15 dollars or more to unlock the phone.

Sucks that the Canadian carriers are stingy with the codes!
    01-29-10 10:50 AM
    Nope..unfortunately not, because they have requirements that you need to meet to get a free code. ie. Have an active account for 'x' days in good standing, etc.
    01-29-10 10:55 AM
    What if we call long distance or tool free number to ATT or TMobile and ask for unlock code? Will that work?

It costs only 2 cents per minute to call them while it costs 15 dollars or more to unlock the phone.
    No they won't give the code away just like that. You need to meet some requirements. But any one of us unlockers here can probably cut you a good deal to unlock your blackberry.

01-29-10 01:19 PM
1,342 ... 4344454647 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD