08-30-12 08:51 PM
1,342 ... 4243444546 ...
tools
    btw I've always used cellunlock, they are always efficient with service!
    Thank you for the kind words!
    12-15-09 09:47 AM
    BB Bold locked to Vodafone UK...
    Unlocked within minutes. The nice lady at Voda didnt even let me finish my sentence before she was giving me the instructions and the code.....great service Vodafone UK ....I love you !!!!
    12-16-09 11:23 AM
    Great to hear!
    12-16-09 11:47 AM
    After reading the thread, I figured I'd try calling Tmo for my unlock code. Worked like a charm, rep told me I would receive my code via email tomorrow. Thanks for the help and saving me some money.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-09 12:17 AM
    After reading the thread, I figured I try calling Tmo for my unlock code. Worked like a charm, rep told me I would receive my code via email tomorrow. Thanks for the help and saving me some money.

Great! We always tell customers to call their carrier before coming to us so they can get the code for free, but some carriers like Canadian ones will never release the codes for free to the customer.
    12-17-09 12:21 AM
    I am visiting the United States for a few weeks and I have an extra Pearl BB with me that was at one time on the Telus network, however it isn't activated right now. Does anyone know if I would be able to somehow use it here by buying a prepaid airtime card?
    12-17-09 08:59 AM
    I am visiting the United States for a few weeks and I have an extra Pearl BB with me that was at one time on the Telus network, however it isn't activated right now. Does anyone know if I would be able to somehow use it here by buying a prepaid airtime card?
    Your Telus pearl should only be CDMA, so you would not be able to unlock it and use it with a prepaid SIM card. You would need to get a GSM phone.
    12-17-09 09:38 AM
    Your Telus pearl should only be CDMA, so you would not be able to unlock it and use it with a prepaid SIM card. You would need to get a GSM phone.
    I don't see where he asked anything about a SIM card. Will he be able to use it on a CDMA network?

<---Although it has been around forever, I am a CDMA n00b.
    12-17-09 10:20 AM
    I don't see where he asked anything about a SIM card. Will he be able to use it on a CDMA network?

<---Although it has been around forever, I am a CDMA n00b.
    Telus CDMA phone will only work on Telus Network, Most carriers will not allow another ESN to be registered on their network. So we figured OP was talking about getting a prepaid SIM card
    12-17-09 10:36 AM
    I recently called verizon and they denied me, told me that I had to be with them for 60 days in order for them to provide me an unlock code for my storm2. Is there any other way to unlock the phone for free without being a cust of vzw?

12-17-09 01:53 PM
    I recently called verizon and they denied me, told me that I had to be with them for 60 days in order for them to provide me an unlock code for my storm2. Is there any other way to unlock the phone for free without being a cust of vzw?

We can unlock it for you at a great price
    12-17-09 01:55 PM
    hi guys.... need a serious favor, i'm from malaysia, the BB Storm1, brought to my country by Celcom, and the carrier is Vodafone, would you guys kind enough to teach me how to get the unlock code instead of calling up vodafone [which is based in UK] that would be expensive... mind to help me to unlock it?>
    12-20-09 10:59 AM
    It's not something you can teach, it's something that regardless you still have to purchase.
    12-20-09 11:09 AM
    hey I'm a metro pcs carrier and recieved a fairly new 8320 bb noted on bottom verison and I am very interested on how to and lock and use all functions not just text and calling
    12-20-09 11:22 AM
    hey I'm a metro pcs carrier and recieved a fairly new 8320 bb noted on bottom verison and I am very interested on how to and lock and use all functions not just text and calling
    8320 is a GSM device and Metro PCS only uses CDMA technology will not work out for you.
    12-20-09 11:34 AM
    It's not something you can teach, it's something that regardless you still have to purchase.
    is it guaranteed for me can surf net from my storm after unlocking,
    full web surfing ? or only wap? as currently i only manage to use other SIM line for calls and sms, it's not worth it. So, if yes is the answer, how much you charge for it ?
    12-20-09 11:40 AM
    If you add the required BIS plan yes you will be able to. Please visit our site (link in signature) to find out about pricing.
    12-20-09 11:42 AM
    hi guys.... need a serious favor, i'm from malaysia, the BB Storm1, brought to my country by Celcom, and the carrier is Vodafone, would you guys kind enough to teach me how to get the unlock code instead of calling up vodafone [which is based in UK] that would be expensive... mind to help me to unlock it?>
    You can order the unlock code on our website.
    12-20-09 03:59 PM
    Hi,

I reside in the USA and have no idea what is involved except how to actually unlock the phone.

I have five questions I'd appreciate finding answers to;

1. Will unlocking this phone allow me to switch to Verizon or any other carrier and use this phone with no issues?

2. If I decide to use a prepaid sim card from the USA instead of signing a contract with a provider will I be able to do this seamlessly?

3. And when I travel to the UK will I be able to do the same as #2?

4. If I use a prepaid sim card here in the US, do I keep my existing tele # as an embedded #?

5. If I use a Prepaid sim card in the UK, what do I do about local dialing & getting calls if I have an embedded stateside tele #?

Thanks for your time, I appreciate it.

Cheers
    01-03-10 12:01 AM
    Hi,

I reside in the USA and have no idea what is involved except how to actually unlock the phone.

1. Will unlocking this phone allow me to switch to Verizon or any other carrier and use this phone with no issues?

2. If I decide to use a prepaid sim card from the USA instead of signing a contract with a provider will I be able to do this seamlessly?

4. If I use a prepaid sim card here in the US, do I keep my existing tele # as an embedded #?

5. If I use a Prepaid sim card in the UK, what do I do about local dialing & getting calls if I have an embedded stateside tele #?

Cheers
    Here are the answers considering you have a Blackberry
    1. In order for you to be able to use it with Verizon, the phone needs to come from Verizon. Once unlocked you will be able to use it with any GSM carrier.

2. Yes you can but if you want to use Blackberry features such as email and bbm you will need a Blackberry Data Plan.

3.Yes you will.

4. No you will get a new number with the SIM and that will be your number when you use that SIM card.

5. Your new number will be the one of the local SIM card you get there and you will be able to make local calls.

Let us know if this answers your questions, if not feel free to ask or email us for more help.
    01-03-10 12:09 AM
    Hi,

Cheers
    One answer you got above is incorrect.

First of all I use a BB 8320 with a pp sim and NO DATA plan what-so-ever.

1. I kept the same phone number I have had for years. I just add minutes as needed.

2. As for email, I jump on any open hotspot(and there's 1000's of them)or my own network and use email without a problem and no data plan.

Since changing from a post paid plan to prepaid, my phone bill averages $6.00 a month. I add about a 1000 minutes a year, sometimes less. But even for someone that adds 3 or 4 times what I add, you can see the significant savings possible. No taxes.

cheers
    Last edited by ant17; 01-03-10 at 07:27 AM.
    01-03-10 07:24 AM
    One answer you got above is incorrect.

First of all I use a BB 8320 with a pp sim and NO DATA plan what-so-ever.

1. I kept the same phone number I have had for years. I just add minutes as needed.

2. As for email, I jump on any open hotspot(and there's 1000's of them)or my own network and use email without a problem and no data plan.

Since changing from a post paid plan to prepaid, my phone bill averages $6.00 a month. I add about a 1000 minutes a year, sometimes less. But even for someone that adds 3 or 4 times what I add, you can see the significant savings possible. No taxes.

cheers
    How do you retrieve your emails on Hotspot? not using Blackberry native message/email app right? but browser?
    01-03-10 09:36 AM
    The emails aren't pushed out to the device you have to access them via the wifi browser "if" the device has wifi.

01-03-10 09:48 AM
    No point in using a Blackberry then, might as well get another phone.
    01-03-10 01:11 PM
    No point in using a Blackberry then, might as well get another phone.
    Wrong!, why?, BB is quite versatile and options are always open, plus wifi.
    01-03-10 05:36 PM
1,342 ... 4243444546 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD