08-30-12 09:51 PM
1,342 ... 4142434445 ...
tools
    Hello

i have a curve 8900 for at&t and want to unlock it.

my question is, can i get at&t to give me the unlock code? but heres the thing
    i never had an at&t acount to begin with so what should i do?
    can i still get them to give me the "MEP" even though i'm not an account holder??

please help.. ty
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    or would it be possible to have someone with an at&t account to call for you??
    Always have to be the account holder with a active account in good standing. We or other reputable unlockers on here can unlock it for you.
    12-01-09 12:08 AM
    Just had my Telus Storm unlocked by them told them was going overseas and need to have unlocked to use local sim carrier took about 15minutes and store customer service did it. Droped in a Rogers sim card and worked fine.
    You have to ask nicely.
    12-01-09 09:08 PM
    Just had my Telus Storm unlocked by them told them was going overseas and need to have unlocked to use local sim carrier took about 15minutes and store customer service did it. Droped in a Rogers sim card and worked fine.
    You have to ask nicely.
    Wow that must be a first of Telus giving out the code, they would never do it in the past. Glad they did. Enjoy your phone.
    12-01-09 09:19 PM
    I have a Bell BB Bold and I wish to change carriers to Fido/Rogers but I don't want to buy another handset, can anyone help me with unlocking the phone so that I may do this? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    12-02-09 08:49 PM
    We can unlock it for you just let us know.
    12-02-09 09:39 PM
    I have a Bell BB Bold and I wish to change carriers to Fido/Rogers but I don't want to buy another handset, can anyone help me with unlocking the phone so that I may do this? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    We can unlock it for you and you will be able to use it with Rogers/Fido or any GSM provider worldwide.
    12-02-09 11:30 PM
    If you don't have an account with them they won't give you the code. We can get the code for you instantly.
    That's actually not true. I called AT&T, told them I wasn't a customer and that I bought the phone from Craigslist and they gave me the unlock code no problem.

Ironically, and much to my dismay, the carrier I actually pay (T-Mobile) said I have to have the account for 90 days. So in the end it looks like I will be using one of you guys, lol. I just think it's kinda stupid I had no trouble dealing with the company I've never had an account with. Another wonderful part of it is I've been with T-Mobile for about a year and a half, but it was with a Flexpay account and I had to switch numbers when I changed plans. Yay! =P
    12-03-09 12:35 PM
    That's actually not true. I called AT&T, told them I wasn't a customer and that I bought the phone from Craigslist and they gave me the unlock code no problem.

Ironically, and much to my dismay, the carrier I actually pay (T-Mobile) said I have to have the account for 90 days. So in the end it looks like I will be using one of you guys, lol. I just think it's kinda stupid I had no trouble dealing with the company I've never had an account with. Another wonderful part of it is I've been with T-Mobile for about a year and a half, but it was with a Flexpay account and I had to switch numbers when I changed plans. Yay! =P
    Wow..well it's the first time we here a carrier give out the code to a non-customer.

But let us know anytime you need help.
    12-03-09 12:38 PM
    Been waiting for a hour for my unlock code from a vendor, so I was bored and called up AT&T. Got a hold of technical support, saying that I am not a customer and am going on a business trip tomorrow. I was being nice and asking if they have partners over the UK. Said I will switch over when I get back since I travel to the UK often. The lady was nice and gave my code instantly and even offer to walk me through it.
    12-06-09 09:48 AM
    I lost my Curve!

A friend offered to give me his old Pearl... but after reading through parts of this thread (something about sim card and CDMA), I am thinking this won't work.

Is it possible to unlock a Sprint Pearl and then use it on the Verizon network?
    12-07-09 07:09 PM
    I lost my Curve!

A friend offered to give me his old Pearl... but after reading through parts of this thread (something about sim card and CDMA), I am thinking this won't work.

Is it possible to unlock a Sprint Pearl and then use it on the Verizon network?
    No you won't be able because Verizon will not allow the ESN to register on their Network.
    12-07-09 07:28 PM
    That's what I was afraid you would say. Thanks so much for your time.
    12-07-09 07:54 PM
    Actually verizon is the only cdma company that does allow this to happen, even tho it is not registered on there network.
    12-07-09 09:55 PM
    What i dont understand is why CARRIERUNLOCK charges $24.99 to unlock a sprint tour, while they char 9.99 for a verizon tour? plus i got my tour unlock code from sprint not even being a customer!
    12-07-09 10:08 PM
    What i dont understand is why CARRIERUNLOCK charges $24.99 to unlock a sprint tour, while they char 9.99 for a verizon tour? plus i got my tour unlock code from sprint not even being a customer!
    Sprint uses a new security that is harder to obtain a code for. Which we have clearly discussed on many threads on here before.
    12-07-09 11:23 PM
    Actually verizon is the only cdma company that does allow this to happen, even tho it is not registered on there network.
    Actually they do not. They "claim" to do it, but they don't. Not as free as they claim. Only GSM carriers allow this.
    Last edited by CarrierUnlock; 12-08-09 at 11:59 AM.
    12-07-09 11:24 PM
    Some codes are harder to get making them more expensive.
    12-07-09 11:27 PM
    Thank you so much, but they told me that they will unlock it only if I have the sim card
    12-09-09 12:04 AM
    Thank you so much, but they told me that they will unlock it only if I have the sim card
    We can unlock your Blackberry
    12-09-09 12:05 AM
    Let us know

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-09 12:06 AM
    Thanks Cellunlock.net I just got my old second hand pearl unlocked wth your services, and got it for cheap thanks to your coupon code. Now I can give it to one of my friends.

may unlock my storm2 later.

12-09-09 01:54 AM
    Thanks Cellunlock.net I just got my old second hand pearl unlocked wth your services, and got it for cheap thanks to your coupon code. Now I can give it to one of my friends.

may unlock my storm2 later.

You're very welcome!
    12-09-09 02:06 AM
    tried this once with Rogers.. nope blackberry technical support never gave me any info.. they said they're not allowed OR have the code.
    12-15-09 09:55 AM
    btw I've always used cellunlock, they are always efficient with service!
    12-15-09 09:57 AM
    Canadian companies will not give out codes for free or at all.
    12-15-09 10:37 AM
1,342 ... 4142434445 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD